PS4 Pro fan question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PS4 Pro fan question

User Info: OneTwoMark

OneTwoMark
4 months ago#11
I made a video capturing the buzzing sound when up against the console compared to the regular PS4. You may have to hold speaker up to ear or use headphones at full volume to hear

https://youtu.be/C2VatX8pQiw

That buzz I can hear from far away probably because of the pitch of it and vibration, not super loud but an annoyance. To the point I use old PS4 to watch films on. So is that not normal?

User Info: G4meHawk

G4meHawk
4 months ago#12
@OneTwoMark - You should definitely have your pro checked out before it gets worse. Best be safe than sorry.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 months ago#13
Tc press down on one of the corners of the console. Check to see if there is an imbalance there. Sometimes one of the console's rubber feet is off a little, and that can cause a vibration.

User Info: OneTwoMark

OneTwoMark
4 months ago#14
Hucast9 posted...
Tc press down on one of the corners of the console. Check to see if there is an imbalance there. Sometimes one of the console's rubber feet is off a little, and that can cause a vibration.

It seems completely flat. Wish I knew someone else with one just to check if it’s the same. I bought mine from an eBay business seller, so it’s a little more inconvenient to return. Although he does accept returns.

User Info: LORDVADER110

LORDVADER110
4 months ago#15
From the video it seems normal
Feel the power of the dark side. You smart mouths.

User Info: LORDVADER110

LORDVADER110
4 months ago#16
hrj posted...
BuyersRemorse55 posted...
Yeah sounds like you got a dud.

My pro is nealy whisper quiet if its just like at the desktop before I play a game, no vibrating or nothing.

One time I wasn't even sure if the fan was working so I opened it up to see and verify it was spinning which it was.

Yup. My pro is whisper quiet too and I've had it since they launched.

Not 100% true the pro is whisper on 90% of games 10% of games the fan is loud = any game which has framerate unlocked E.G mafia 3 , cod4 mw .
Feel the power of the dark side. You smart mouths.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PS4 Pro fan question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived