• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Fallout 3 is still the best open world game I have ever played
Shadow-Moses 3 years ago#1
This is a game that I knew absolutely nothing about going into. It was given to me by a friend. I had never played a Fallout game before and didn't know what to expect and it totally blew me away. I remember playing this game for 11 hours straight one time and the only reason I stopped was because I had to sleep and go to school the next day. I never once got bored or tired.

Every quest felt intimate and like a story of its own, no less important than the main quest. It never felt like they were just there as a diversion. It never felt like I was doing them just to complete a checklist or earn experience. I did them because I enjoyed them and wanted to be involved with those quests. All the characters felt unique with their own motives and personality.

The dialogue choices actually meant something and it wasn't like many other recent RPGs, where you get two options and they still lead to the same consequences. Everything about this game was amazing. It's a type of game that I had always dreamt of playing since childhood with complete freedom and a large immersive world. It's like someone got into my brain and made a game just for me.

Recent open world games can learn a lot from Fallout 3.
Maverick_Reznor 3 years ago#2
but you played The Witcher 3.
So obviously you are lying when you say Fallout 3 is the best open world game you have ever played.
Currently Playing: Halo Infinite & SMT V
Avirosb 3 years ago#3
Does Witcher 3 have guns?
sorryantivaxxer dot com
Shadow-Moses 3 years ago#4
Games like Witcher 3 and AC: Origins are the exact opposite of Fallout 3. They follow the same checklist algorithm as every other open world game these days.
Maverick_Reznor 3 years ago#5
Shadow-Moses posted...
Games like Witcher 3 and AC: Origins are the exact opposite of Fallout 3. They follow the same checklist algorithm as every other open world game these days.

Witcher 3 is nothing like Assassins creed
Currently Playing: Halo Infinite & SMT V
Shadow-Moses 3 years ago#6
Maverick_Reznor posted...
Shadow-Moses posted...

Witcher 3 is nothing like Assassins creed

The people who made AC: Origins were clearly fans of The Witcher 3. You can see its influence all over the game.
Chris_P_Bacon 3 years ago#7
Yeah Fallout 3 is one of a kind. Ive sunk 100s of hours into it. If they ever did a remaster it would outsell fallout 4 without a doubt
A indie game studio releases a horror game and no one bats a eye. Another game studio even hints at a new silent hill and everyone loses their minds!!
Triod 3 years ago#8
I thought FO3 was pretty disappointing mainly because I was hoping it'd be more like a fallout and less like morrowind with guns. Either way it's pretty bland but gets a lot better if you mod the s*** out of it. Vanilla game is just flat out inferior to new vegas though.
Djoser2000 3 years ago#9
Dude... did you even play Fallout: New Vegas by now?

I never got the hype for FO3 in the first place since I played other excellent "gun 1st person RPGs" like Deus Ex or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines which were both better in my eyes.

BUT:

New Vegas blew my mind (after some patches :P)
'The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.' Charles Bukowski
Shadow-Moses 3 years ago#10
Djoser2000 posted...
Dude... did you even play Fallout: New Vegas by now?

I never got the hype for FO3 in the first place since I played other excellent "gun 1st person RPGs" like Deus Ex or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines which were both better in my eyes.

BUT:

New Vegas blew my mind (after some patches :P)

Unfortunately, I never got around to playing New Vegas or any of the DLCs for FO3 and I sold my PS3 when I moved to 4. I did play Fallout 4 and enjoyed it but it got boring near the end and the settlement building was a chore. It was still way more fun than Witcher 3.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Fallout 3 is still the best open world game I have ever played
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A