Why didn't The Order 1886 got a "pass" like GOW 2018?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why didn't The Order 1886 got a "pass" like GOW 2018?

User Info: T3h_Devil

T3h_Devil
5 months ago#1
I tought that The Order 1886 was great, too short but great.
I don't know how long GOW is but I bet that it has more or less the same replay value that The Order 1886 being a single player only game.

I see the reviewers praising the plot, gameplay, etc, and I can't stop thinking about their opinion on The Order (it has good gameplay, interisting story but it's short, no replay value, etc)...

For whoever played it, what did you tought of the game?
PSN - Raptros_Pt

User Info: BazzaPersonal

BazzaPersonal
5 months ago#2
I really enjoyed my time with The Order. I’d be down for a sequel.
https://imgur.com/a/EcfVo
https://imgur.com/a/KcX3Z

User Info: KinjoTakemura

KinjoTakemura
5 months ago#3
Because it was short, the combat was repetitive and off, and some segments just didn't fit into the game. The story was it's best feature. I'd love to see where the story goes next.
PSN Sh1kage
Currently playing - The Last Guardian, Romance of Three Kingdoms 13, The Inpatient, Game of Thrones, Skyrim VR, Until Dawn

User Info: SRV_God

SRV_God
5 months ago#4
Depth.

I loved the order for what it was it was a very shallow game.

GOW looks to have a longer campaign, back tracking, rpg elements, etc.

User Info: EternalWaltz

EternalWaltz
5 months ago#5
Because it was s***, basically. Also like 3 hours of actual gameplay (if that), GoW according to every review is way longer than that.
'there's gAmes.and then thars gaM3w.it's a lovable character;it's a lovable guy. and he nolan snaked on you. so hard. the snake was in you so hard.'-Proletarian

User Info: Blitzoff1987

Blitzoff1987
5 months ago#6
God of War is around 30 hours long.
That's way longer than The Order: 1886.

T3h_Devil
5 months ago#7
EternalWaltz posted...
Because it was s***, basically. Also like 3 hours of actual gameplay (if that), GoW according to every review is way longer than that.

Why do you consider it s***?
PSN - Raptros_Pt

User Info: Mirage13

Mirage13
5 months ago#8
The Order 1886 was a fantastic game! I was one of the fewest supporters of the game in a sea of haters.

Also, something...something...gamers are hypocrites...something...something.

User Info: Comyx

Comyx
5 months ago#9
The Order is far shorter than GoW supposedly is. I liked what there was, but I couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed. Wish they had prolonged it and gave a different ending after some more missions.
Feels like wasted potential.

T3h_Devil
5 months ago#10
Comyx posted...
The Order is far shorter than GoW supposedly is. I liked what there was, but I couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed. Wish they had prolonged it and gave a different ending after some more missions.
Feels like wasted potential.

But in your opinion, does that justify the reviews that The Order received (that focused a lot on the replay value of the game)?

Edit:
We're talking about 60s/100 against 90s/100.

If the Order was 30 hours long, would it be a masterpiece?
PSN - Raptros_Pt
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why didn't The Order 1886 got a "pass" like GOW 2018?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived