• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Can we finally put the SJW propaganda in games to rest?

User Info: Mirage13

Mirage13
8 months ago#1
2017 was a horrible year for SJW identity politics being shoehorned in gaming what with games like Wolfenstein II, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, Hyper Light Drifter, Call of Duty: WWII, Star Wars: Battlefront II and Horizon: Zero Dawn being only a few examples of the proliferation of catering to a gaming sect that simply does not exist.

2018 seems like it has finally put these SJW agendas to rest; let's hope it stays that way. I don't see anything that has been released so far in 2018 that screams SJW propagandas. In fact, with the recent release of God of War, it is about as anti-SJW as you can get with having an alpha-male lead taking control and doing his own thing instead of being emasculated like some of those other games I previously mentioned in the previous paragraph. In fact, I am surprised SJWs haven't attacked this game yet for being too alpha-male?

Anyways, good riddance to bad rubbish. Let's pretend 2017 never existed when it comes to PS4 gaming.
Agreed?

User Info: joshuadj

joshuadj
8 months ago#2
Agreed

User Info: Faiyez

Faiyez
8 months ago#3
Close your user account. Thanks.
I think they've taken the freedom and liberty thing a BIT TOO FAR!
-GlowStormLion on Japan's kinks.

User Info: ReliusClover

ReliusClover
8 months ago#4
The new God of War has been dubbed "God of Soy" for its rebranding of Kratos as an old dad dude who no longer has sex and babysits all day. Also, the violence has been largely scrapped.

Old Kratos was constantly hounded for being too "toxic masculinity" but the new one is an attempt to pander to the old "daddification" of players. The "men" whose wives do not let them play games with attractive women in them, for example.

Here's some proof for you:

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/kzxxwx/god-of-war-review

"God of War is ultimately as much a reflection of how games have changed since 2005 as it is a natural response by the people who made the choice to make yet another game in the series. Many of the senior developers on this game have been with the series since the beginning. A number of them, including God of War creative director Cory Barlog, now have children, and you can see their tiny fingerprints all over the game. It’s part of a broader “dadification” of games, in which a largely male-dominated industry is going through the motions of aging, and the products they’re making are beginning to reflect those changes in life development.

“Our audience and developers are getting older, but are still not observant of how they make all other types of people serve them for their character growth,” wrote games critic Mattie Brice in 2013, while critiquing the Joel character in The Last of Us. “For some reason, we think making people a******s who might change to be nice one day morally complicated.”

The “dadification” of games often means we view the game world through the eyes of men, too. God of War is no different. Though Kratos’ wife is the primary driver of the game’s plot, we never hear her speak. She is an enormous presence, yes, but one that lingers in the shadows, whose impact is largely measured by her influence on the men in her life, not her individual achievements. There’s accomplishment in parenting a child and being a loving wife, but motherhood and being a worthwhile companion is not the totality of a woman. There are other woman characters in the game—one of them is central to the plot, with plenty of agency—but Kratos' wife isn't afforded that same opportunity.

But much like the real world, God of War is full of angry men driven by lust, power, and jealousy. And Kratos is an a******. He’s always been an a******, even when he’s right."
Check your privilege.

User Info: Smogal

Smogal
8 months ago#5
The only propaganda that needs to be put to rest is your posts.
Well, well, well...

User Info: Okikurmi

Okikurmi
8 months ago#6
TC find a new hobby.
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...

User Info: Legionnaire

Legionnaire
8 months ago#7
The anti-SJWs on this board are a joke.

Half of you are saying God of War is an SJW game, and here you are saying the opposite. You just make up a narrative to further your own agenda whenever you feel the need. At least be consistent with your other low IQ friends.

User Info: LAGswitchLARRY

LAGswitchLARRY
8 months ago#8
joshuadj posted...
Agreed
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.

User Info: Comyx

Comyx
8 months ago#9
I'd like to pretend this topic never existed, TC.
Just stop with the SJW bulls*** already and just play, instead of being scared of an imaginary bogeyman.

User Info: FutaiNoKiwami

FutaiNoKiwami
8 months ago#10
Ok, seriously, will someone f***ing tell me what makes Horizon Zero Dawn a SJW game? Is it because the main character is female? Plenty of games have had that and haven't been called SJW games because of it. Is it because the Nora Tribe is a Matriarchal Society? Such Society's actually exist irl and exist in parts of the world where they likely haven't even HEARD of anything SJW related. Is it because apparently it is said in the game that it was men who destroyed the old world? Even though with my experience with the game I have yet to see that being explicitly said at all.

WHAT f***ING MAKES IT A SJW GAME. If someone can give me a f***ing reasonable answer I may be willing to by it.

And why are the games relating to World War II considered SJW? Is it because Nazi's are the villains? Guess what? Nazi's were f***ing evil, genocidal f*** offs so of course they are portrayed as being evil.
PSN:KaminaSoul
3DS FC:4528-2714-8128
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Can we finally put the SJW propaganda in games to rest?
  • Topic Archived