Last of us 2 will have a trans male voice actor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Last of us 2 will have a trans male voice actor
(message deleted)

User Info: mninp

mninp
6 months ago#172
Billysan posted...
jjgator posted...
So it's a female right? I'm not going to lie and say someone is a male when biologically they aren't.

There's a difference between sex and gender.

Generally if some one identifies as male or female then you treat them with respect and call them that. You don't have to agree with their choice personally but it is their choice.

Respect is earned buddy not given.
Games I'm looking forward to: Super Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 2.5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV

User Info: Crimson_Alias

Crimson_Alias
6 months ago#173
jason19192 posted...
http://checkpointgaming.net/news/2017/11/the-last-of-us-2-feature-trans-actor/

This most likely means that the character will be a trans male.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncharted-dev-says-character-diversity-just-as-imp/1100-6441800/

According to Druckmann (the writer and director of TLoU2), diversity is just as important as stories and gameplay in video games so most likely Last of us 2 will be the most diverse video game we ever had. Hopefully the diversity isn't too forced and he's more focused on the gameplay and story but since Druckmann pretty much has full control of the game and he's a supporter of Anita Sarkeesian, I doubt it.

As long as game developers keep putting things into their games just for the sake of appeasing certain people it will always feel forced.

User Info: Mirage13

Mirage13
6 months ago#174
DarkSymbiote posted...
Well, I am not really a fan of Naughty Dog anymore so I wasn't planning on buying it. They can keep their progressivism.

Fixed

User Info: loki00_00

loki00_00
6 months ago#175
To each their own, if you don't like the game don't buy it.

Just wish the other side felt the same way.
The official Oni of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: Jtrain89

Jtrain89
6 months ago#176
Crimson_Alias posted...
jason19192 posted...
http://checkpointgaming.net/news/2017/11/the-last-of-us-2-feature-trans-actor/

This most likely means that the character will be a trans male.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncharted-dev-says-character-diversity-just-as-imp/1100-6441800/

According to Druckmann (the writer and director of TLoU2), diversity is just as important as stories and gameplay in video games so most likely Last of us 2 will be the most diverse video game we ever had. Hopefully the diversity isn't too forced and he's more focused on the gameplay and story but since Druckmann pretty much has full control of the game and he's a supporter of Anita Sarkeesian, I doubt it.

As long as game developers keep putting things into their games just for the sake of appeasing certain people it will always feel forced.

Here's a novel idea... He's actually just putting things in games... Because... Wait for it... He wants to?

Crazy concept, I know. Just because he isn't pandering to ya'lls agenda doesn't mean he's like... The anti-christ or something.

I think probably like 99% of developers, and probably this dude, although I don't know him very well, want to put diversity in video games because they think it's important, not because they are trying to appease anyone.

But, you guys probably won't understand that.
PSN: JJJtrain1989
Currently ~ Dark Souls 3, Fortnite: Battle Royale

User Info: RollingCradle

RollingCradle
6 months ago#177
I recruited a couple of black tech professionals to my kingdom in Ni No Kuni 2!

User Info: bigjclassic

bigjclassic
6 months ago#178
namewitheld posted...
Billysan posted...
jjgator posted...
So it's a female right? I'm not going to lie and say someone is a male when biologically they aren't.

There's a difference between sex and gender.

Generally if some one identifies as male or female then you treat them with respect and call them that.

Respect is '.....'? Question - why dont you respect people who dont want to call men women or vice versa?

Also - the terms sex and gender have been synonymous for thousands of years. Only in the last 50 or so years (actually 10 years if we're talking about more than few thousand people thinking this way) in the west has this notion been questioned. Gender = the state of being male or female. The fundamental truth is that you cant transmogrify yourself into being a male or female.

Shhhhhh... the truth is not allowed here
PSN/steam: classicviolence Switch FC: 441991068406 3DS: 087719974865
Gamefaqs: Home of mod-alts, shills, sock puppets, and mentally ill trolls

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
6 months ago#179
Is this video game industry virtue signaling?

Naughty Dog was praising people like Anita Sarkeesian, same company right?

I mean...I don't care if it's a transgender person or not, in fact...why do we even know this or care unless Naughty Dog wanted to show everyone how open minded they are.
Gamefaqs: The original home of 'Alternative Facts'...

User Info: jjgator

jjgator
6 months ago#180
I am seeing a lot of what Shapiro is talking about in this video in this thread.

https://youtu.be/58NGD7HBpXw
Four year old Dell laptop - i3 something or other - 6 GB RAM - Whatever the hell integrated video card it came with - 15 in SD screen
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Last of us 2 will have a trans male voice actor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived