PC gamers upgrade graphics cards all the time.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PC gamers upgrade graphics cards all the time.

User Info: Ren2

Ren2
7 months ago#11
People natuturally desire to get as much value for their money as possible. The longer a console lasts and is supported the greater its value becomes.

Of course, this is not applicable to people who don't know the value of money. Usually those who don't have to work for it.

User Info: BlueDsc

BlueDsc
7 months ago#12
djwagon posted...
hell when i was into pc gaming i had to upgrade 4 cards every other year .then decide console gaming is way cheaper and you only have to upgrade the whole unit at one price instead of 4x and other stuff

If you were having to upgrade that frequently you were doing something very, very wrong.

User Info: KINDERFELD

KINDERFELD
7 months ago#13
Ren2 posted...
People natuturally desire to get as much value for their money as possible. The longer a console lasts and is supported the greater its value becomes.

Of course, this is not applicable to people who don't know the value of money. Usually those who don't have to work for it.

That's why its the gaming option for those on a very small budget who pinch pennies.
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps

User Info: SonyHoundDawg

SonyHoundDawg
7 months ago#14
WhyWontHeFall posted...
Or PC gamers adjust their settings, overclock their rigs or install custom mods to make the game run right.

You see how wonderful it is? You decide the rules.

That 970 owns the snitch and pspoor.

this also very annoying sometimes. I'd rather be gaming then waisting time messing with settings or getting games to work in the first place

especially after working 40 hours a week, then family time, that leaves limited gaming time and I dont need that rubbish

When I was asdumb teennager or even college age it was easy to build computers and waist all that time messing with thtem. I dont wanna waiste valuable time anymore

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
7 months ago#15
RollingCradle posted...
My GTX 970 came out in 2014.

Same. Somehow still runs everything I throw at it on High settings. Occasionally have to turn shadows down, but yeah.

There's also the part where no one's buying GFX cards now because bitcoin miners f***ed over the prices for everyone.
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.

User Info: kuter

kuter
7 months ago#16
You can keep playing your games on PC after you upgrade. Not with console so far. Xbox is trying it atm, but just to get those nostalgia kid in the basket,

User Info: Ren2

Ren2
7 months ago#17
KINDERFELD posted...
Ren2 posted...

That's why its the gaming option for those on a very small budget who pinch pennies.

That's one way to frame it, another is that it is for those economically responsible.

User Info: peontom

peontom
7 months ago#18
Because forbes says the ps4 is already the best and at least 5-6 years ahead of anything today including Hollywood. There's currently no content more than 4k 60 fps, when there is, then there will be a ps 5.

User Info: Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian
7 months ago#19
BlueDsc posted...
djwagon posted...
hell when i was into pc gaming i had to upgrade 4 cards every other year .then decide console gaming is way cheaper and you only have to upgrade the whole unit at one price instead of 4x and other stuff

If you were having to upgrade that frequently you were doing something very, very wrong.

Indeed.
Sanctus Dominus Infernus ad Astra
Regus Kobalus....cast unholy fire

User Info: PayItForward

PayItForward
7 months ago#20
havent upgraded my graphics card in almost six years. my pc graphics are still comparable to ps4 games if not better.
"No puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet!" - Supreme Leader Trump
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PC gamers upgrade graphics cards all the time.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived