PC gamers upgrade graphics cards all the time.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PC gamers upgrade graphics cards all the time.

User Info: KINDERFELD

KINDERFELD
4 weeks ago#1
So why are console gamers afraid of going from 1 gaming gen to the next? Who gives a damn if the PS4 lasts 5 years as appose to 7 like previous consoles?

When more powerful graphics cards become available, pc gamers just save their money and upgrade to the next best thing. They don't cry about the gen being too short and all the other dribble I hear on this message board.

But I guess console gaming is intent on remaining budget gaming primarily marketed to penny pinchers.
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps

User Info: RollingCradle

RollingCradle
4 weeks ago#2
My GTX 970 came out in 2014.

KINDERFELD
4 weeks ago#3
Only console gamers cry and beg for games to be only developed on technology that was outdated 5 years ago when it first came out.

User Info: RollingCradle

RollingCradle
4 weeks ago#4
Well their parents buy it for them so they have to do a lot of begging.

KINDERFELD
4 weeks ago#5
I wonder if PC gamers see the release of a more powerful graphics card as the ushering in of a new pc gaming gen?

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
4 weeks ago#6
Or PC gamers adjust their settings, overclock their rigs or install custom mods to make the game run right.

You see how wonderful it is? You decide the rules.

That 970 owns the snitch and pspoor.

User Info: BlueDsc

BlueDsc
4 weeks ago#7
KINDERFELD posted...
I wonder if PC gamers see the release of a more powerful graphics card as the ushering in of a new pc gaming gen?

Due to the nature of PC gaming there's not any kind of "line" between generations.

KINDERFELD
4 weeks ago#8
WhyWontHeFall posted...
Or PC gamers adjust their settings, overclock their rigs or install custom mods to make the game run right.

You see how wonderful it is? You decide the rules.

That 970 owns the snitch and pspoor.

But they don't see upgrading to a better and more powerful graphics card as moving to a new gaming gen.
They actually welcome the new and more powerful graphics cards on the market.

User Info: SquareJRPGKing

SquareJRPGKing
4 weeks ago#9
If I wanted to upgrade all the time I'd buy a nerd machine, ops, a pc, not a console
All Hail the king!

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 weeks ago#10
hell when i was into pc gaming i had to upgrade 4 cards every other year .then decide console gaming is way cheaper and you only have to upgrade the whole unit at one price instead of 4x and other stuff

welcome to Gamefaqs.were your 1000% completely wrong about everything even before you post on here .so once again welcome to Gamefaqs
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PC gamers upgrade graphics cards all the time.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived