How fast should your internet be?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. How fast should your internet be?

User Info: Captainjiggz_

Captainjiggz_
7 months ago#21
ElevenOhNoes posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...
I'd say the bare minimum to for decent gaming all around should be

45mbps Download
15mbps Upload
0-45 Ping

LOL nope. I was playing online just fine 1.5 year ago with less than 1/10th of that speed.

I said decent. As in, all around. This works for just about every game. Games with Fixed Updating and real time updating.

Just barely playing a few games isn't "decent"
A Captain, and a salesman for FLAMGEAR products
"Against lolis like MArio, DK, Zelda." -Supershadonic

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
7 months ago#22
I'm playing fine with 2mbps (should be 10, but my internet provider f***ed up) download and 0.4 upload. You want to make sure you got good ping (sub 50ms), and be connected via cable.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: Lollybomb

Lollybomb
7 months ago#23
Bandwidth isn't the important thing for online gaming. Games typically use less than 1-2 mbps up or down.

Latency is the key. A 500mbps connection is useless if you've got an average 1000 ping.
I would, but it violates an axiom I live by.
Never do anything phenomenally stupid.

User Info: ElevenOhNoes

ElevenOhNoes
7 months ago#24
Captainjiggz_ posted...
ElevenOhNoes posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...

45mbps Download
15mbps Upload
0-45 Ping

LOL nope. I was playing online just fine 1.5 year ago with less than 1/10th of that speed.

I said decent. As in, all around. This works for just about every game. Games with Fixed Updating and real time updating.

Just barely playing a few games isn't "decent"

I wasn't "barely" playing a few games, though. All the online games I was playing ran fine. The only issue was a game getting an update could kill plans to play with people.

Hell, what used to be the absolute best you could get in my area, 20mbps download was more than good enough for everything
PSN: NightRanma
DD:DA Carly, Ranger

User Info: BlueRain88

BlueRain88
7 months ago#25
When I lived with my parents (in the middle of nowhere) I played with 1.5mbps with no issues at all.

Got my own place now closer to the city and got 200mbps, but not seen any noticeable difference when playing online games. Stuff downloads much faster though!

User Info: DominiqueT

DominiqueT
7 months ago#26
You have a misconception, download speed is not that important you can play with 3 Mbps, the upload speed however is critical specially for fighting games so upload you need at least 5mbps to have a decent match
Nep for sale https://imgur.com/a/zIM8S
Hatsuno Meiko for sale https://imgur.com/a/puisP

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
7 months ago#27
Latency is more an issue than speed, unless you count actually downloading games--well, upload speed is.. That's why the only internet that, for the foreseeable future, will remain s*** for online gaming is Satellite.

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
7 months ago#28
tgrz2011 posted...
I’ve been disconnected from cod but that was a few years ago just ordered titanfall 2 hoping it doesn’t disconnect me.lol

tc on titanfall2 .when it tell you at the beginning what server you should use with your speed please pick it..i always getting new york at 15pings .i play yesterday and i was having a great game till the guy that won the last game saw he was getting stomped on our next game pulled his cable so we lost connectingand lost the game

welcome to Gamefaqs.were your 1000% completely wrong about everything even before you post on here .so once again welcome to Gamefaqs

User Info: MrSpaM111

MrSpaM111
7 months ago#29
It doesn't really matter how much bandwidth you have tbh

It's more about how slow your ping is when playing online shooters, you want it as low as possible
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
7 months ago#30
Some people just make stuff up... as noted earlier, the biggest MP data hogs will be about 0.7mbps and people have had no issues playing at 1.5mbps, as you would expect.

Captainjiggz_ posted...

45mbps Download
15mbps Upload

DominiqueT posted...
upload speed however is critical specially for fighting games so upload you need at least 5mbps to have a decent match
Put. That coffee. Down. Coffee's for closers only.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. How fast should your internet be?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived