Which is the most pure skill game, and least dependent on knowledge/memorization

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which is the most pure skill game, and least dependent on knowledge/memorization

User Info: juker79

juker79
1 month ago#21
SF2 for anybody who's been around long enough.
You had a leg up on SF3 and subsequent releases based on the knowledge/memorization you obtained from playing 2.
Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a **** how crazy they are!

User Info: peontom

peontom
1 month ago#22
Opunaesala posted...
peontom posted...
Opunaesala posted...
peontom posted...
So for the confused, knowledge and memorization is not synonymous with skill. Having knowledge does not mean you have skill.

But having skill means you have knowledge of what you are skilled at. Rectangle and Square situation.

Not really, since having knowledge does not mean you have skill, you can isolate skill from knowledge by having everyone compete where knowledge of the characters is the same.

So now we are comparing people that know how to play the game against people that don't know how to play, but know Ryu and Akuma have beef? What is the purpose?

Really seems like you are trying to isolate talent, not skill. Again, you might want to do a new thread and be a lot more clear.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/talent

Umm, no, talent is the having of innate skill. I want to see who has the most skill, not necessarily who innately has the most of it.

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
1 month ago#23
ManuKesna posted...
hahahahahahahaha

no wonder I have tagged you like that

Yep, now I know why I have the TC tagged as well. This thread is going nowhere and giving the TC the benefit of the doubt went nowhere.

peontom
1 month ago#24
Opunaesala posted...
ManuKesna posted...
hahahahahahahaha

no wonder I have tagged you like that

Yep, now I know why I have the TC tagged as well. This thread is going nowhere and giving the TC the benefit of the doubt went nowhere.

I think you are just confused. Im trying my best to clear your misconception.

User Info: Captainjiggz_

Captainjiggz_
1 month ago#25
peontom posted...
Right, so which game best measures the pure dexterity of this application of this knowledge?

So you mean like, what game best allows the player to apply their knowledge, without solely falling back on it? Like, for example, if two people were playing a fighting game, and one person has memorized all of the advanced tech and the other player, someone who only knows the few important techs and uses them to capitalize better than the other person, who has learned all the tech the game has to offer?
A Captain, and a salesman for FLAMGEAR products
"Against lolis like MArio, DK, Zelda." -Supershadonic

peontom
1 month ago#26
Captainjiggz_ posted...
peontom posted...
Right, so which game best measures the pure dexterity of this application of this knowledge?

So you mean like, what game best allows the player to apply their knowledge, without solely falling back on it? Like, for example, if two people were playing a fighting game, and one person has memorized all of the advanced tech and the other player, someone who only knows the few important techs and uses them to capitalize better than the other person, who has learned all the tech the game has to offer?

Right. Which of these games are the most skill dependent, and the least knowledge dependent. I know you always need some knowledge, blah blah blah, but which game is the least dependent of it to win.

User Info: Captainjiggz_

Captainjiggz_
1 month ago#27
peontom posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...
peontom posted...

Right. Which of these games are the most skill dependent, and the least knowledge dependent. I know you always need some knowledge, blah blah blah, but which game is the least dependent of it to win.

Well yeah, now I can see why this would be confusing, since fighting games are mostly knowledge dependent. But of the ones listed, SFV or SF2 probably.
A Captain, and a salesman for FLAMGEAR products
"Against lolis like MArio, DK, Zelda." -Supershadonic

User Info: Blitzoff1987

Blitzoff1987
1 month ago#28
*grabs popcorn*

Peontom creating a new topic.
This is going to be fun.

peontom
1 month ago#29
Captainjiggz_ posted...
peontom posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...
peontom posted...

Well yeah, now I can see why this would be confusing, since fighting games are mostly knowledge dependent. But of the ones listed, SFV or SF2 probably.

Yeah, i don't like how fighting games are trending to become more and more specialized knowledge dependant, but capcom has a different opinion i guess.

User Info: Obie79

Obie79
1 month ago#30
None gaming requires 0 skill only knowledge and memorization and finger twitching
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which is the most pure skill game, and least dependent on knowledge/memorization

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived