Do You think it weak for a growth man to cry while playing games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do You think it weak for a growth man to cry while playing games?

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
4 months ago#91
EAims posted...
theshoveller posted...
I don't think it shows a sign of weakness. If anything, it shows a sign of humanity to the person.

I'll say it - I get a bit teary-eyed at certain things, even if I know they're going to end up okay. Mordin going up that elevator in ME3? Yup, feel pretty sad. Legion in the same game? Same thing. That part in Fullmetal Alchemist where Al sacrifices his body to give Ed his arm back so he can save himself? You damn skippy I'm ready to have leaky eyeholes. Hell, even listening to the song Answers from FF14 gets me a bit, knowing what's going on while the song plays and what happens.

Now, that said, I'm not sobbing uncontrollably like a little kid. I might not even shed a tear. I think the big thing there - the key theme that gets me going - is sacrifice.

Speaking of FMA (not brotherhood, though it also kinda applies) when Hughes dies and his daughter is crying and asking mom why they're burying him that gets me every damn time.

But it's okay to cry TC. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I think that has more to do with the series and how it's presented - Hughes has a much larger focus as a living character in the original anime than he does in Brotherhood (which is more closely following the manga, and in which Hughes does kick the bucket early on.) FMA has you care for him, while Brotherhood and the manga use him mainly as a device for Mustang to have a horse in the race.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

User Info: SonyHoundDawg

SonyHoundDawg
4 months ago#92
The only video game scene I can remember in the recent past that gave me some feels was when they blew up the kid at the beginning of Mass Effect 3. Only reason is cause at the time I was a new parent, I think kid was maybe 3 at the time.

Just becomming a parent, I can't really into any kids in danger type of stuff anymore in anything thats serious and realistic.

Action fluff like a jurassic park or whatever is no big thang.

User Info: ThugETH

ThugETH
4 months ago#93
Yeah I cried when Tidus and Yuna laughed.
30/9/2005 <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone!?

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
4 months ago#94
So many stone-cold, badass keyboard warriors trying to outdo each other with your complete lack of emotion and empathy, and yet... spoiler alert! Most women prefer men who dare to show emotions. The question you need to ask yourself is who you are trying to impress: Each other, or the ladies? If it's the latter, you might want to reconsider a few things.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
4 months ago#95
acolytes posted...
rjames80 posted...
acolytes posted...
What's with the "soy" thing, now? I've seen it in a few topics.

It's the alt-right term of the week. They've moved from "snowflake" to "soy boy." The hive mind demands that they chant it over and over again, as a demonstration of how unquestionably clever they are.

Oh, I think I get it. Like, "lol he eats soy, what a liberal!"

Stupid as usual. Put it there with cuck as idiotic.

Fun fact - I was playing Killing Floor 2 the other day, two dips***s running around calling everyone cucks and the like and how much everyone sucks. End of the match, I dominated the leaderboard, and I just pointed out how, in nature, the smallest, weakest animals develop mechanisms to appear larger and more intimidating than they are, to scare off would-be predators and to appear as if they are higher on the food chain than they truly are. The apex predators do no such thing - they exist simply as predators, and are known as such.

Everyone else had a good laugh at that. Guess who wasn't around the next match and left in a fit of swearing and insults?
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

User Info: rjames80

rjames80
4 months ago#96
acolytes posted...
rjames80 posted...
acolytes posted...
What's with the "soy" thing, now? I've seen it in a few topics.

It's the alt-right term of the week. They've moved from "snowflake" to "soy boy." The hive mind demands that they chant it over and over again, as a demonstration of how unquestionably clever they are.

Oh, I think I get it. Like, "lol he eats soy, what a liberal!"

Stupid as usual. Put it there with cuck as idiotic.

Yep, every time one of them comes up with what they believe to be a cunning taunt, the rest of them thoughtlessly repeat it for months on end. They're very proud of their accomplishments and want everybody to be aware of them.
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for President!

User Info: neccis

neccis
4 months ago#97
Has anyone ever balled uncontrollably while playing like a hack and slash type game? Like the more enemies you kill the harder you start to cry?
PSN: siccen_
splits open to reveal jam

User Info: ReliusClover

ReliusClover
4 months ago#98
ITT: Triggered manchildren who cry over fake video game feels and think they're Tuff.
Check your privilege.

User Info: skermac

skermac
4 months ago#99
weak, no, a real man can do anything he wants with no shame, not many guys have the courage to do what they want including crying without caring what others thing
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: Biocide69

Biocide69
4 months ago#100
Nope, you're a human with emotions. They come out when they do.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do You think it weak for a growth man to cry while playing games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived