Which Genre Has The Most Trolls Online?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which Genre Has The Most Trolls Online?

User Info: sleepercell99

sleepercell99
1 month ago#1
which genre generally has the most trolls online? - Results (50 votes)
Shooters
52% (26 votes)
MOBAs
26% (13 votes)
Racing games
2% (1 votes)
MMORPGs
12% (6 votes)
Sports games
2% (1 votes)
Fighting games
6% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
which genre of game generally has the most trolls in its online community?

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
1 month ago#2
Ive seen people ruin fun for WWE games online.

User Info: Dasoku

Dasoku
1 month ago#3
Shooters probably.

User Info: MKScorpion

MKScorpion
1 month ago#4
Shooters seem the most toxic and immature based on my experiences.

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
1 month ago#5
My guess is either Shooters or MOBAs. MMOs, they can usually get policed out pretty quick between various tools added to limit "trollish" behavior like AFKing, causing issues with the other party members, etc. I don't see how much trolling could be done in racing, sports, and fighting games - they're fairly individualized where a single "troll player" won't ruin everyone's day. Shooters and MOBAs, though, those have team modes - and one person acting out in a team setting can ruin the fun for everyone else on that team.

That's the thing about "trolling" behaviors that make them so appealing to some people, and troublesome to others - the ability to "mess with" other players while also experiencing complete or nigh-complete immunity from other players, at least for the duration of the match. Team-killing is a popular activity, as is the "I'm helping by hindering!" actions of leaving areas open for the enemy team to exploit, or by simply running around not actively trying to kill or be killed by the other team - instead, actively trying to be killed by them, while not trying to kill them in turn.

In those other genres? You don't have much of that because of how they're designed. Shooters and MOBAs, though, they're slightly different. Sometimes they have good tools, sometimes they don't. A large population and the "thrown together with random players" aspects of them, though, make it more appealing to mess with new people every time.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

User Info: rjames80

rjames80
1 month ago#6
MKScorpion posted...
Shooters seem the most toxic and immature based on my experiences.

I don't know. A buddy of mine has been addicted to World of Warcraft for about a decade, at least, and the stories I hear from him about the community are not good at all.
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for President!

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 month ago#7
Whichever is the most popular. First it’s CoD, then LoL, then Overwatch, then PUBG, then Fortnite, etc.
I swear I'm not insane. Yes, most likely not insane.

User Info: SoulTrain75

SoulTrain75
1 month ago#8
Mmorpg

https://imgur.com/QjxVBBo
--------Your favorite Sony Boy Toy.--------
"Ain't nothing fun unless you play with it."

User Info: sleepercell99

sleepercell99
1 month ago#9
theshoveller posted...
My guess is either Shooters or MOBAs. MMOs, they can usually get policed out pretty quick between various tools added to limit "trollish" behavior like AFKing, causing issues with the other party members, etc. I don't see how much trolling could be done in racing, sports, and fighting games - they're fairly individualized where a single "troll player" won't ruin everyone's day. Shooters and MOBAs, though, those have team modes - and one person acting out in a team setting can ruin the fun for everyone else on that team.

That's the thing about "trolling" behaviors that make them so appealing to some people, and troublesome to others - the ability to "mess with" other players while also experiencing complete or nigh-complete immunity from other players, at least for the duration of the match. Team-killing is a popular activity, as is the "I'm helping by hindering!" actions of leaving areas open for the enemy team to exploit, or by simply running around not actively trying to kill or be killed by the other team - instead, actively trying to be killed by them, while not trying to kill them in turn.

In those other genres? You don't have much of that because of how they're designed. Shooters and MOBAs, though, they're slightly different. Sometimes they have good tools, sometimes they don't. A large population and the "thrown together with random players" aspects of them, though, make it more appealing to mess with new people every time.

in racng games, trolls like to drive the wrong way and crash into other players

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
1 month ago#10
Every genre has their fair share of ass hats.
Society- "Just be yourself"
Society- "No, not like that"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which Genre Has The Most Trolls Online?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived