Games for Change challenges the White House on "violent" video games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Games for Change challenges the White House on "violent" video games

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
7 months ago#21
theshoveller posted...
PS4TW posted...
You still kill things in most of those games lol with that said we all know games can have meaningful storylines and imagery. Old men like Donald trump will never know that though as they didn’t grow up with games like many of us have. All this will blow over when that 50+ generation dies off and generations who grew up with games come intoxicating power

Fun fact - my dad is almost the same age as Trump and even he thinks it's a load of bulls*** - and he's also a conservative.

Right now, it's political grandstanding - that's all. Most of the s*** we see politics-wise nowadays is nothing but grandstanding. Putting on a show for the masses, who either clap their hands at their chosen hero, or who boo and hiss and throw tomatoes at their chosen "black knight."

Seriously, American politics right now is little more than a dinner show at "Medieval Times," only replacing the plate mail with suits and the swordplay with strongly-worded accusations.

This.

Anyone taking this seriously is metaphorically posting in the troll thread while OP (Trump is this case) is laughing his ass off that you took the bait.

User Info: ChaoticKnuckles

ChaoticKnuckles
7 months ago#22
juker79 posted...
Lockheart34 posted...
Will Donald Trump take a gander at this showcase and possibly change his mind on games as a whole? Doubtful, unfortunately.

Is there any actual documentation on what Trump's stance is?

Not sure about documentation but he has repeatedly said and tweeted that he believes violent video games are a significant contributing factor to violent incidents in schools and other places. He’s believed this for years. I doubt all the studies that have been done that have shown there is no causal link between violent behavior and violent video games will do anything to change his mind, they haven’t up to this point.
You look EXTREMELY immature when you announce that you're about to ignore someone. No one cares, including the person about to be ignored. Just FYI.

User Info: naviney

naviney
7 months ago#23
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
juker79 posted...
Lockheart34 posted...
Will Donald Trump take a gander at this showcase and possibly change his mind on games as a whole? Doubtful, unfortunately.

Not sure about documentation but he has repeatedly said and tweeted that he believes violent video games are a significant contributing factor to violent incidents in schools and other places. He’s believed this for years. I doubt all the studies that have been done that have shown there is no causal link between violent behavior and violent video games will do anything to change his mind, they haven’t up to this point.

I think one of the biggest problems is that pegi restrictions are not taken in consideration both by parents and stores. One time i searched twitch for gat v streams and i literally saw at least 5 kids below 10 years old playing it.
PSN: Femocha Pawn: Priscilla S/M/U
Dragon's Dogma leveling guide: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/210447-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/75921368

User Info: ChaoticKnuckles

ChaoticKnuckles
7 months ago#24
naviney posted...
juker79 posted...
Lockheart34 posted...

I think one of the biggest problems is that pegi restrictions are not taken in consideration both by parents and stores. One time i searched twitch for gat v streams and i literally saw at least 5 kids below 10 years old playing it.

Fair point but whose responsibility is that? The rating system is there for a reason. Just like movies and TV. It’s like because parents aren’t into it themselves they ignore everything about it and end up buying 10 year old Jimmy GTA V and then not even looking when he plays it to see what content it has.

And I can’t speak for stores overseas but every major retailer I’ve ever been in has taken the ESRB ratings very seriously. It’s store policy to not sell M-Rated games to anyone under 17. But there’s nothing you can do when the kid comes around with his mom, and she doesn’t even want to listen when you try to explain to her what’s in the game and buys it for him. Honestly movie theaters take the R-rating less seriously than retailers take the M-Rating.

I’m tired of parents getting mad after the fact when they are the ones who bought the kid game titled Grand Theft Auto in the first place. The title of the game is a felony and then they’re shocked by the content? Get the f*** outta here with that s***.
You look EXTREMELY immature when you announce that you're about to ignore someone. No one cares, including the person about to be ignored. Just FYI.

User Info: MrMikeMa

MrMikeMa
7 months ago#25
Well, after Trump's big mouth got him in trouble with the NRA, they set him straight and left him soiling his depends in fear. So, Trump took the next logic step and blamed vidya games
It seems to me that the biggest trolls on GameFAQs are the moderators themselves.

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
7 months ago#26
The title of the game is a felony and then they’re shocked by the content? Get the f*** outta here with that s***.

"I bought my five-year-old son a game for Christmas... I think it was called 'Man Hunt?' And let me just say, I was shocked - shocked! - that you let a five year old play this kind of game. He was going around killing people in all these horrible ways, and then getting rewarded for it! Kids should not be playing those games."

"You're absolutely right, so why did you buy it for him? Did you even look at the cover, the rating, the content label, or the title of the game?"

"I thought it was about trying to find men. You know, to hunt for them in a safe and secure way for some reason!"
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

naviney
7 months ago#27
theshoveller posted...
The title of the game is a felony and then they’re shocked by the content? Get the f*** outta here with that s***.

"I bought my five-year-old son a game for Christmas... I think it was called 'Man Hunt?' And let me just say, I was shocked - shocked! - that you let a five year old play this kind of game. He was going around killing people in all these horrible ways, and then getting rewarded for it! Kids should not be playing those games."

"You're absolutely right, so why did you buy it for him? Did you even look at the cover, the rating, the content label, or the title of the game?"

"I thought it was about trying to find men. You know, to hunt for them in a safe and secure way for some reason!"

Lol the cover of manhunt is everything but reassuring.
Dragon's Dogma leveling guide: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/210447-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/75921368

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
7 months ago#28
naviney posted...
theshoveller posted...

Lol the cover of manhunt is everything but reassuring.

But he looks so happy and friendly!

https://i.imgur.com/h6ut6Fb.jpg

See? He looks like he's ready to kiss you for the end of a well-hunted hunt for him! Tell me he's just not the face of progressive homosexuality in video games!
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

naviney
7 months ago#29
rofl

User Info: WhiteWolf338

WhiteWolf338
7 months ago#30
Of course that man beast Aloy is the first thing in the video. Ugh not a good approach.
My sig sucks
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Games for Change challenges the White House on "violent" video games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived