• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Just got internet access.. Is PS Plus worth buying?

User Info: SonGaton

SonGaton
1 year ago#31
Online features in SP games, like downloading Community Creations in WWE 2K18 doesn't require PS+. Just Online MP which you probably won't be able to play properly, I guess. Eh, better skip that.
Don't play dumb with me, you're not as good at it as I am.
@MoistenedYouth did a drawing of me, too! https://imgur.com/a/8uL2A

User Info: The_Boshtrich

The_Boshtrich
1 year ago#32
Skip it, you can still get patches and single player online content w/o plus, just can't play with other players in very many games, and there are still exceptions to that.
ex) Watch Dogs 2, can still be targeted by bounty hunters, just can't initialize matchmaking
MGS5, can still participate in FOB infiltration, just can't defend your base when another player is attacking
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/The-Boshtrich.jpg
Like A Bosh!

User Info: old_school_rpg

old_school_rpg
1 year ago#33
Ok one more question... If i subscribed and downloaded bloodborne for "free" for example, will I be able to play it after my subscription expires?
Can't decide what I want to play next. Just got Persona 5, South Park TFBW, Monster Hunter World, Yakuza 0, FFXV and Ys VIII...

User Info: ArsenicSteel

ArsenicSteel
1 year ago#34
Read the PS+ terms of service
It's geeks who really make or break a TV show or movie or videogame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFEYnEN-nRI

User Info: Virobot

Virobot
1 year ago#35
I've got 2 ps4s, a pro and a launch version and the cloud saves save me alot of time.
PSN/Steam:Jareski ||||| Xbox Live: Jareski007
Unofficial PSVR board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1327-playstation-vr

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
1 year ago#36
old_school_rpg posted...
Ok one more question... If i subscribed and downloaded bloodborne for "free" for example, will I be able to play it after my subscription expires?

The next time you buy PS+ again, yes.
Put. That coffee. Down. Coffee's for closers only.

User Info: old_school_rpg

old_school_rpg
1 year ago#37
Sheepinator posted...
old_school_rpg posted...

Well that sucks... I'm leaning towards not getting it... Thanks everyone for the input
Can't decide what I want to play next. Just got Persona 5, South Park TFBW, Monster Hunter World, Yakuza 0, FFXV and Ys VIII...

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
1 year ago#38
old_school_rpg posted...
Sheepinator posted...
old_school_rpg posted...

Well that sucks... I'm leaning towards not getting it... Thanks everyone for the input

The free games are part of the PS+ subscription so, of course if you stop subscribing you can't play them.
[This signature was deleted at the request of a Greer alt.] "Klaatu barada nikto"

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
1 year ago#39
old_school_rpg posted...
Sheepinator posted...
old_school_rpg posted...

I know right. Some will tell you it's a great deal. Lol no it's not.

By the way you can download a free2play game like Fortnite and use that to test your online connectivity. Maybe it's playable. Although for a bad connection an MMO is probably better since they're slower paced. No Plus required for those

User Info: dankanefan

dankanefan
1 year ago#40
If you plan to play online at all (especially if you want to play a lot) then yes. You'll need it. Otherwise, probably not. The subscription games are nice (sometimes) and the cloud saving is good to have, but since PS4 doesn't lock saves like PS3 did with some, it isn't as necessary as it was with PS3.
Sac City Gamer - saccitygamer.com
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Just got internet access.. Is PS Plus worth buying?
  • Topic Archived