• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Just got internet access.. Is PS Plus worth buying?

User Info: raige

raige
1 year ago#21
If you mostly play single player games, then no it's not worth it. Mandatory for online multiplayer though.

User Info: LORDVADER110

LORDVADER110
1 year ago#22
sth26307 posted...
It lets you play online, 2 or more free games a month and discounts though the store. So I think it's worth it
Feel the power of the dark side. You smart mouths.

User Info: sakuraarts

sakuraarts
1 year ago#23
Get its dirt cheap and your supporting sony
PM me if you want to have a good time :)

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
1 year ago#24
metaIslug posted...
Nah, it's s***. But it's the only way to play online, f***ing greedy Sony. Wait for a sale. These whacko's saying it pays for itself just like throwin' money away. 60 for a year is greedy. Better when its on sale for 45 but still they're greedy sons of b****es

fixed one word
I'm pretty much Stu from Rugrats making pudding at 4 in morning because I've lost control of my life - Polycosm

User Info: ArsenicSteel

ArsenicSteel
1 year ago#25
iincognitoo posted...
pays for itself

Imagine that. A person on gamefaqs that understands how services like this work out.
It's geeks who really make or break a TV show or movie or videogame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFEYnEN-nRI

User Info: iincognitoo

iincognitoo
1 year ago#26
ArsenicSteel posted...
iincognitoo posted...
pays for itself

Imagine that. A person on gamefaqs that understands how services like this work out.

lol, i'm beyond surprised that i haven't been torn a new one yet

User Info: NinjaPirateDood

NinjaPirateDood
1 year ago#27
not really. most things I play are indies and single player games. I don't play awkward forced multiplayer. I paid 40 for a year n that's it.
I am the sharpest of blades; I'll cut you down in a second!

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
1 year ago#28
Scaredface posted...
Extremely worth it. Constant sales, easy save backup, "free" games each month, and is needed for most multiplayer games. Plus its fairly cheap.

constant sales are always a thing, even without PS plus... i rarely see that big a difference in normal sale price and PS plus sale price.

easy save back-up... eh, i just use a USB... you only get 10GB on the cloud, don't you?

i get more than that on a USB, and it's pretty simple to back up files onto one.

yeah, "free" games... you just gotta pay for a service to play them.

really, the only reason to get PS plus... the only REAL reason... is if you wanna play online with other people... that is the MAIN purpose it exists for.

if you prefer to play solo... well, there is absolutely no reason to bother with it.
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.

User Info: old_school_rpg

old_school_rpg
1 year ago#29
I live in a very rural area and have satellite Internet... So I can't play any shared world multiplayer game anyway... Should have mentioned that to start with... With that being said what do you guys think now?
Can't decide what I want to play next. Just got Persona 5, South Park TFBW, Monster Hunter World, Yakuza 0, FFXV and Ys VIII...

User Info: old_school_rpg

old_school_rpg
1 year ago#30
I will also add that one of the main reason I got internet installed in my home was bc I got tired of playing everything vanilla and for the online features in single player games...
Can't decide what I want to play next. Just got Persona 5, South Park TFBW, Monster Hunter World, Yakuza 0, FFXV and Ys VIII...
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Just got internet access.. Is PS Plus worth buying?
  • Topic Archived