Just got internet access.. Is PS Plus worth buying?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Just got internet access.. Is PS Plus worth buying?

User Info: juker79

juker79
1 month ago#11
sth26307 posted...
It lets you play online, 2 or more free games a month and discounts though the store. So I think it's worth it

This pretty much sums it up. While I rarely use it, Shareplay is a pretty neat feature as well.

I suppose if you don't game online or like to buy games digitally, then there is no need for it.
Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a **** how crazy they are!

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
1 month ago#12
What comes with the subscription:

-Some games every month that persist so long as you're subbed
-Cloud storage for saves
-Other freebies & discounts on the PSN store (i.e. bigger discounts on sales, exclusive themes, etc.)
-Automatic updating of games / system OS
-Automatic backup of saves to cloud storage
-Playing online with other players (PS+ is required for most games' online multiplayer, the only exceptions are typically free-to-play MMOs or I believe Final Fantasy 14 since that requires a sub.)
-Shareplay I believe is restricted to PS+ subscribers

Might be a few other things I'm missing but I think that covers most of them.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 month ago#13
I personally don’t have PS+ because my PS4 is basically for single player games. All of my real friends are on Xbox One, so I do all my online gaming there. It all depends on if it’s worth it to you personally. Do you play online often? Do you like getting free games every month? Do you want extra discounts during digital sales?

Again, I personally don’t have any need for it since I mainly play solo, I don’t buy digital on PS4 so the extra discounts for digital games don’t mean anything to me. The free games are nice but I’m not paying for something I won’t use for the chance of getting some decent free games. The cloud storage is the one thing I truly miss out on with PS+ but also think it should just be a standard feature.
Xbox Live: Syn Vengeance0
PSN: Syn_Vengeance0

User Info: iincognitoo

iincognitoo
1 month ago#14
pays for itself

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
1 month ago#15
Yes
[This signature was deleted at the request of a Greer alt.] "Klaatu barada nikto"

User Info: snuskgubbe

snuskgubbe
1 month ago#16
No, it's a useless paywall for online play and shouldn't be supported.

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
1 month ago#17
iincognitoo posted...
pays for itself

i gotta agree with this. even the plus games i have played covers what i spend in a year.
I'm pretty much Stu from Rugrats making pudding at 4 in morning because I've lost control of my life - Polycosm

User Info: reidyboy102998

reidyboy102998
1 month ago#18
iincognitoo posted...
pays for itself
Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077 coming 2018? :).https://imgur.com/T6YyCVX PSN: reidy16982 Other PSN: Da3boys-RDB XGT: yoshio1998

User Info: Biocide69

Biocide69
1 month ago#19
sth26307 posted...
It lets you play online, 2 or more free games a month and discounts though the store. So I think it's worth it

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
1 month ago#20
Nah, it's s***. But it's the only way to play online, f***ing greedy Sony. Wait for a sale. These whacos saying it pays for itself just like throwin' money away. 60 for a year is greedy. Better when its on sale for 45 but still greedy
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Just got internet access.. Is PS Plus worth buying?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived