Which superhero would win?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which superhero would win?

User Info: Howler

Howler
7 months ago#171
flkid posted...
AfkNinja posted...
theshoveller posted...
AfkNinja posted...
8SaintWanderer posted...
Nah Goku wasn't even bullet proof as a child, from what I remember Goku couldn't even fly for the longest time as an adult either (didn't he use like some cloud thing to fly for the longest time?), besides his powerups take way too long to build up among other things (Supes is faster than instant teleportation).

Superman starts at infinity and works himself up even further and eventually becomes a multiversal being second only to the Source of all things, Goku starts off weak yet comes back slightly better after getting his ass kicked a few times. I mean even the origin story for Goku is in essence a rip-off of Superman's origin with the rocket and such coming from another planet etc.

And that right there is why I can't like Superman. This is fking stupid. We're supposed to believe a race of beings naturally evolved to be this fking powerful just because? Not only that but for some weird reason they all died except for a couple. Kryptonians are the worst designed race of characters ever, he doesn't even have to try to get stronger he's just infinity strength? Dude c'mon, he's even stronger than the literal gods in DC, that makes ZERO SENSE.

Krypton was under a red sun, not a yellow sun like our planet has. If you read the comics / watch some of the animated movies, red sunlight is one thing that can weaken him, in addition to kryptonite, some mind control, and magic.

Don't know if they ever go in-depth as to how or why beyond "it's a red sun, duh!"

I know about the red sun, that's still my point though. It's just a little silly to me that Kryptonians become basically stronger than literal gods due to nothing other than yellow sunlight. What about blue sunlight from a young star? Weren't they a space faring civilization? How did they not realize immediately what a yellow sun does to their bodies? Why didn't they take over the entire galaxy/universe? I can't take Supes seriously cause his whole concept to me is just dumb. I like protagonists that have to earn their strength through training or some insane feat like GL's sheer willpower etc.

Agreed 100%. It's why he is my least favorite super hero and the most boring imo. Basically born perfect and has everything handed to him.

Superman was raised as a human on Earth and possesses many character flaws relative to his humanity. He is not perfect by any means.
"I went outside once. The graphics were great but the story sucked." - chrisisalive

User Info: 8SaintWanderer

8SaintWanderer
7 months ago#172
theshoveller posted...
8SaintWanderer posted...
Krazy_Kirby posted...
8SaintWanderer posted...
lambchips posted...
Speed isnt going to do anything if she has no way of hurting Wolverine.

Pretty sure WW is stronger than Hulk, it's simple really she's too fast and strong for Wolverine, again she could simply take Wolverine's bones apart pice by piece like some others have done in the past. Seriously don't take my word for it, just google it or whatever and you'll see, Adamantium isn't even as strong as Vibranium and Cap's shield has been broken many times.

adamantium and vibranium do different things... vibranium absorbs impacts, adamantium is unbreakable

AFAIK Adamantium was made as a second rate Vibranium, Vibranium is stronger than adamantium yet both have been broken on several occassions, Adamantium is virtually unbreakable not truly unbreakable. I can post scans if you want.

I could swear adamantium was an attempt at replicating the alloy Cap's shield is made of, which was retroactively named Adamantium-Alpha or some such thing. I know Wolverine's adamantium is called Adamantium-Beta due to the way it's now bonded with his bones and thus can do what normal bones do, just with adamantium. Could be wrong on the name, but I could swear it was an attempt at replicating the steel-alloy Cap's shield is made of.

Then again this is using an older "All About Wolverine!" book that itself was a bit out of date when I snagged it. It went into the Weapons+ program and how Captain America was also Weapon I.

Yes that's precisely what I was referring to, and Cap's shield is made out of Vibranium I believe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibranium
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=0ndn7epnWSA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b3O0A2kpwo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqXkdbGRNNU

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
7 months ago#173
dragonmak2 posted...
No Deadpool :-(

Thats because its a battle to the death and Deadpool cant die.
It doesnt make sense for him to be in a battle where he cant qualify.
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
7 months ago#174
8SaintWanderer posted...
theshoveller posted...
8SaintWanderer posted...
Krazy_Kirby posted...
8SaintWanderer posted...
lambchips posted...

Pretty sure WW is stronger than Hulk, it's simple really she's too fast and strong for Wolverine, again she could simply take Wolverine's bones apart pice by piece like some others have done in the past. Seriously don't take my word for it, just google it or whatever and you'll see, Adamantium isn't even as strong as Vibranium and Cap's shield has been broken many times.

adamantium and vibranium do different things... vibranium absorbs impacts, adamantium is unbreakable

AFAIK Adamantium was made as a second rate Vibranium, Vibranium is stronger than adamantium yet both have been broken on several occassions, Adamantium is virtually unbreakable not truly unbreakable. I can post scans if you want.

I could swear adamantium was an attempt at replicating the alloy Cap's shield is made of, which was retroactively named Adamantium-Alpha or some such thing. I know Wolverine's adamantium is called Adamantium-Beta due to the way it's now bonded with his bones and thus can do what normal bones do, just with adamantium. Could be wrong on the name, but I could swear it was an attempt at replicating the steel-alloy Cap's shield is made of.

Then again this is using an older "All About Wolverine!" book that itself was a bit out of date when I snagged it. It went into the Weapons+ program and how Captain America was also Weapon I.

Yes that's precisely what I was referring to, and Cap's shield is made out of Vibranium I believe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibranium

There was another link posted by someone that was a bit more descriptive. In the Ultimates universe, his shield is Vibranium, plain and simple (this also applies to the MCU, which takes elements from different comic universes and blends them together in a way that works for them.) In the mainstream universe, it's an alloy of steel, Vibranium, and a few other things that he didn't take note of, and Cap's shield is "Proto-Adamantium." Trying to recreate his shield is what led to True Adamantium, which is what Wovlerine had injected into him and changed into Adamantium-beta (basically the same but doesn't impede the actual functions of his bones.)
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

User Info: 8SaintWanderer

8SaintWanderer
7 months ago#175
theshoveller posted...
8SaintWanderer posted...
theshoveller posted...
8SaintWanderer posted...
Krazy_Kirby posted...
8SaintWanderer posted...
lambchips posted...

There was another link posted by someone that was a bit more descriptive. In the Ultimates universe, his shield is Vibranium, plain and simple (this also applies to the MCU, which takes elements from different comic universes and blends them together in a way that works for them.) In the mainstream universe, it's an alloy of steel, Vibranium, and a few other things that he didn't take note of, and Cap's shield is "Proto-Adamantium." Trying to recreate his shield is what led to True Adamantium, which is what Wovlerine had injected into him and changed into Adamantium-beta (basically the same but doesn't impede the actual functions of his bones.)

Yup I was reading that, and even in that link it says they're nearly indestructable not truly indestructable.
https://imgur.com/wUnRrPo
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=0ndn7epnWSA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b3O0A2kpwo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqXkdbGRNNU
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Which superhero would win?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived