• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Ps5 what will they bring

User Info: Latiosispro

Latiosispro
2 years ago#1
What route will sony go ? Stable framerate 60 fps and 1080 p on high or try to go the 4k route while barely maintaining 30 fps ? I think with ryzen they will be able to try the fps route but not manu consumers will care as much so what should their future marketing tatic be ? Unless its a ps4 quality portable??
FC :2896-0881-5679 IGN (sebby)

User Info: Orange_Apples

Orange_Apples
2 years ago#2
At this point I'd say 4K 60FPS will be the minimum target for next gen. VR will also be pushed since they are the only ones in the console space doing that. But what do I know? When the PS4 and XB1 were still rumors I thought they'd target 1080p/60fps with 4K/30fps as option.
"They'll pay for this." - Mickey Mouse

User Info: Evieholly13

Evieholly13
2 years ago#3
4k 30fps
PS4 Pro / Switch

User Info: DarthBuzzer

DarthBuzzer
2 years ago#4
4K will likely be pushed hard. But there won't be a standard for 30 or 60, it will just be up to the developers. I expect many to only hit 30 FPS.

On the VR side, 4K per eye at 90 FPS or above will likely be the standard.

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
2 years ago#5
Giant crabs ?

And get it through your head that 60fps is possible now, and was possible with PS3....its just that Developers prefer to use 30fps because it allows them to boost the graphics, increase environmental mass & variety, as well as enemy variety, and all sorts of special effects. Its a design decision, F'n DEAL WITH IT!
If you favor 60fps, then you have no business gaming on a Console. Get a PC, and STFU. Consoles are limited, always have been and ALWAYS will be.

User Info: cymanx

cymanx
2 years ago#6
I think it will be 1080p @ 60 FPS minimal with a 4K @ 60 FPS maximum. Not enough people own 4K television sets and I think Sony knows this. Just making a console that doesn't work with 1080p consoles is impractical.

What I would like to see on it though, is full compatibility with PSX, PS3 and PS4 generation games. I think PS2 may be out of the question, but I would like to see it brought in as well.

Whether or not it will have full access to VR, I cannot say. Truth be told, Sony doesn't do well with their side projects.
vr6exyvr6exy wants to connect his PS4 to his mobile hot spot.

User Info: majorstefan

majorstefan
2 years ago#7
4K 30FPS. It will be practically the same as PS4 Pro

User Info: CT24

CT24
2 years ago#8
cymanx posted...
I think it will be 1080p @ 60 FPS minimal with a 4K @ 60 FPS maximum. Not enough people own 4K television sets and I think Sony knows this. Just making a console that doesn't work with 1080p consoles is impractical.

What I would like to see on it though, is full compatibility with PSX, PS3 and PS4 generation games. I think PS2 may be out of the question, but I would like to see it brought in as well.

Whether or not it will have full access to VR, I cannot say. Truth be told, Sony doesn't do well with their side projects.

Compatible with PS3 games but not PS2? Isn't the PS3 a lot more difficult?

User Info: Qwert379

Qwert379
2 years ago#9
I'd take even 1440p 30fps over 1080p 60fps

For PS5 I see

All PS5 games able to be remote played on PSVR
More VR exclusives (an uncharted or TLOU VR game would be awesome)
UHD playback
Launching with 4TB HDD
BC with PS4 games

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
2 years ago#10
Ps5 what will they bring

Myrrh, frankincense and gold tier PSN membership.

Nintendo: currently having to compete with the homeless for materials to maintain their 8th gen status. What's next, Ninty? Begging? :D
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Ps5 what will they bring
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A