I just got 300mbps internet speed at home, but my ps4 is capped at 117mbps?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I just got 300mbps internet speed at home, but my ps4 is capped at 117mbps?

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 months ago#61
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
AnonymousFriend posted...
So many people in this topic want to talk around the issue instead of just saying what the issue is: Downloading content through a PlayStation console will be much, much slower than downloading on any other device you have. Wired or Wifi, it doesn't matter.

There's nothing to talk around, you're wrong. I download the same speed on my PS4 as I do anything else in my house. I downloaded at the same speed on my PS3 as I did my 360. You can perpetuate the lie all you want, but it doesn't make you correct. It either makes you ill-informed or a troll.

lol totally forgetting everyone does not have his ip provider or live near or in his state .but that ok we forgive you .we all understand you did not listen in history class .when it talks about all the countries in the world wow i even bold where you were misinformed and are the name now on the new rules here as name calling

is your alt going to come save you again

welcome to Gamefaqs.were your 1000% completely wrong about everything even before you post on here .so once again welcome to Gamefaqs

User Info: demonofnight

demonofnight
4 months ago#62
Well, compared to steam or even xbox live the speeds on the PS4 are horrible (specially on the OG PS4).
While I get max speed on steam on PS4 it takes ages to download a game with the same size.
Xbox one X, PS4, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Razer Blade 2017 (I7 -7700HQ and GTX 1060)

User Info: ArsenicSteel

ArsenicSteel
4 months ago#63
This issue was patched about 2 years ago
It's geeks who really make or break a TV show or movie or videogame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFEYnEN-nRI

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
4 months ago#64
ArsenicSteel posted...
This issue was patched about 2 years ago

No it hasn't. Once you get high speed internet, see if your ps4 pro internet speed matches. It doesn't. I live in Glendale, California (10 miles north of Los Angeles).
Favorite NFL Teams: Cowboys/Rams.

User Info: MrSpaM111

MrSpaM111
4 months ago#65
I hope the TC realises that just because internet is advertised at a certain speed that doesn't necessarily mean you'll get that speed

I'd say getting half of what's advertised is pretty standard tbh
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628

User Info: pushingstones

pushingstones
4 months ago#66
I have a Pro wired, and og PS4 on wireless. The wireless is slower (to be expected) but my Pro saturates my line when I download.

I laugh at the ignorance of anyone blaming Sony for their slow speeds. It simply doesn't make sense if it was Sony's problem, then why are there so many people who do get high speed downloads? The ingorant/trolls will gloss over this fact every time. It's simply easier to blame Sony than to educate themselves on what the real issue could be.

I've said this many times. We can prove that high speeds are possible from PSN. What we can't prove is if your equipment/ISP is configured correctly.

supertecmobowl
4 months ago#67
pushingstones posted...
I have a Pro wired, and og PS4 on wireless. The wireless is slower (to be expected) but my Pro saturates my line when I download.

I laugh at the ignorance of anyone blaming Sony for their slow speeds. It simply doesn't make sense if it was Sony's problem, then why are there so many people who do get high speed downloads? The ingorant/trolls will gloss over this fact every time. It's simply easier to blame Sony than to educate themselves on what the real issue could be.

I've said this many times. We can prove that high speeds are possible from PSN. What we can't prove is if your equipment/ISP is configured correctly.

Is there a youtube video on how to configure my router and ps4 pro appropriately?

User Info: pushingstones

pushingstones
4 months ago#68
supertecmobowl posted...
pushingstones posted...

Is there a youtube video on how to configure my router and ps4 pro appropriately?

How would I know? Do your own work/research. This is the fundamental problem I just described. You don't want to put in the effort, you want someone else to do it for you. Fix your own problem. Do something useful and educate yourself on the matter.

I will give you this though, even if you have everything configured properly on your end, it still may be your ISP's fault. Many ISP's filter P2P traffic in an effort to curb piracy. PSN uses a type of protocol that can be labeled as such. It may be your ISP slowing PSN traffic, while everything else works fine. Again, educate yourself instead of begging for others to do it for you.

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 months ago#69
pushingstones posted...
supertecmobowl posted...
pushingstones posted...

How would I know? Do your own work/research. This is the fundamental problem I just described. You don't want to put in the effort, you want someone else to do it for you. Fix your own problem. Do something useful and educate yourself on the matter.

I will give you this though, even if you have everything configured properly on your end, it still may be your ISP's fault. Many ISP's filter P2P traffic in an effort to curb piracy. PSN uses a type of protocol that can be labeled as such. It may be your ISP slowing PSN traffic, while everything else works fine. Again, educate yourself instead of begging for others to do it for you.
you also have to look into if your ip provider is really giving you everything you paid for .i have to fight comcast every month because my set-up is telling me i have grayout and i am not getting all the channels correct for my modem.so for about 4 hours every month i am online with thier tech department .working out me getting what i paid for .so lucky i pay for outside and inside wiring protecting from comcast at 3 dollars a month

welcome to Gamefaqs.were your 1000% completely wrong about everything even before you post on here .so once again welcome to Gamefaqs

supertecmobowl
4 months ago#70
djwagon posted...
pushingstones posted...
supertecmobowl posted...
pushingstones posted...

you also have to look into if your ip provider is really giving you everything you paid for .i have to fight comcast every month because my set-up is telling me i have grayout and i am not getting all the channels correct for my modem.so for about 4 hours every month i am online with thier tech department .working out me getting what i paid for .so lucky i pay for outside and inside wiring protecting from comcast at 3 dollars a month

But every device I have is getting 300mbps. My phone, my tablets, my laptop, my pc...The only thing not getting the speed is my ps4 pro.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I just got 300mbps internet speed at home, but my ps4 is capped at 117mbps?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived