• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I just got 300mbps internet speed at home, but my ps4 is capped at 117mbps?

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
10 months ago#1
I ordered high speed internet from my cable company. They gave me a new modem and router, but as I checked my internet speed on my ps4 pro it's capped at 117 mbps? Why? I'm supposed to have 300 mbps!
Favorite NFL Teams: Cowboys/Rams.

User Info: zoderos

zoderos
10 months ago#2
I heard this is an issue for a lot of people. Probably it's on Sony's end. I never had such a problem, but then again I am on poverty 50mbps.

supertecmobowl
10 months ago#3
zoderos posted...
I heard this is an issue for a lot of people. Probably it's on Sony's end. I never had such a problem, but then again I am on poverty 50mbps.

Really? Alot of people have this problem? I'm guessing the wifi on the ps4 pro is a piece of s***.

User Info: zoderos

zoderos
10 months ago#4
supertecmobowl posted...
zoderos posted...

Really? Alot of people have this problem? I'm guessing the wifi on the ps4 pro is a piece of s***.

You can always try a cable and see if there is a difference then.

User Info: cardsrock2009

cardsrock2009
10 months ago#5
For whatever reason the ps4 only goves 1/3 to 1/2 dl speed. My laptop speedtest is always at the highest. The ps3 had y
The same issues.
Psn id cardsrock2009

User Info: TrueAnarchist

TrueAnarchist
10 months ago#6
You're never going to get full speed through WiFi, regardless of the device. Even a 5Ghz connection isn't going to achieve the full effect.

The only way to get full advertised speed and low latency is via ethernet.

User Info: KittyBillionair

KittyBillionair
10 months ago#7
TrueAnarchist posted...
You're never going to get full speed through WiFi, regardless of the device. Even a 5Ghz connection isn't going to achieve the full effect.

Even plugged in, PS4 is slower than other devices.

Me personally, I have a WiFi extender and PS4 plugged into that.
http://i.imgur.com/EzxCkfq.gif http://i.imgur.com/FQAxIv6.gif
Never trust a republican. Also no such thing as an SJW, but only bigots and non-bigots.

supertecmobowl
10 months ago#8
zoderos posted...
supertecmobowl posted...
zoderos posted...

zoderos posted...
supertecmobowl posted...
zoderos posted...

I can't I have my pc/modem/router upstairs, and my ps4 is downstairs in living room.

User Info: GoodOlJr

GoodOlJr
10 months ago#9
Sounds about right sorry
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3475/3291766630_b434e97925.jpg
3DS: 1005-8921-6109

User Info: TrueAnarchist

TrueAnarchist
10 months ago#10
KittyBillionair posted...
TrueAnarchist posted...

Even plugged in, PS4 is slower than other devices.

Me personally, I have a WiFi extender and PS4 plugged into that.

While it is definitely true that PS4 is has a poorer connection than, say, a laptop, or even an Xbox, the point still stands.

A WiFi extender also doesn't really cut out the WiFi connection. It's a middleman. To get closest to the speeds you pay for, you're going to have to hardwire directly into the router or modem. This has always been the case. (Though, unfortunately, this is obviously not feasible in all home setups.)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I just got 300mbps internet speed at home, but my ps4 is capped at 117mbps?
  • Topic Archived