Will Dark Souls 1 Remaster Be Worth Getting?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Will Dark Souls 1 Remaster Be Worth Getting?

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
7 months ago#21
Well do you own a PS4 and either love Dark Souls or want to play it? Then the answer is yes it's worth buying and naturally being a trilogy makes it a hell of a lot more value.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code:0061-4706-8830

User Info: LootBoxLenny

LootBoxLenny
7 months ago#22
Greatest rpg in history

User Info: sadiq2010

sadiq2010
7 months ago#23
FlaShOfPaiN posted...
When I played dark souls originally it was when the community wasnt as strong along with the fact it was on pc during games for windows live era. So do you think the remaster will garner a bunch of players back into the game for some invasion/covenant shenanigans to warrant buying the game all over again?

depends on you, i prefer dark souls 3 always.

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
7 months ago#24
madeaccount4dis posted...
supertecmobowl posted...
Honestly, I don't know. From what I hear Bloodborne is alot easier than Dark Souls, and I love Bloodborne. The difficulty in Bloodborne is perfect. I'm not sure how to handle a more difficult game.

DS is absolutely easier .-.

Thanks, I might consider buying it now.
Favorite NFL Teams: Cowboys/Rams.

User Info: Stryder597

Stryder597
7 months ago#25
LootBoxLenny posted...
Greatest arpg in history

https://youtu.be/lbZx6SEViEM
Laughing Hitler: Punking pansy mods since 2017

Adam_Ace
7 months ago#26
supertecmobowl posted...
supertecmobowl posted...
Honestly, I don't know. From what I hear Bloodborne is alot easier than Dark Souls, and I love Bloodborne. The difficulty in Bloodborne is perfect. I'm not sure how to handle a more difficult game.

Wait what? Did someone say Dark Souls is way easier?

Dude, just quick heads-up there is no real easy entry into the series and Dark Souls the original is one of the hardest I've ever played... as a new player. The game opens up it's entire world extremely early and that can be daunting as it can be a little easy to get lost. I absolutely recommend playing but if you are I'll say right now on your first playthrough, head towards the undead berg.

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
7 months ago#27
Adam_Ace posted...
supertecmobowl posted...
supertecmobowl posted...

Dude, just quick heads-up there is no real easy entry into the series and Dark Souls the original is one of the hardest I've ever played... as a new player. The game opens up it's entire world extremely early and that can be daunting as it can be a little easy to get lost. I absolutely recommend playing but if you are I'll say right now on your first playthrough, head towards the undead berg.

@Adam_Ace

How much harder is Dark Souls than Bloodborne?
Favorite NFL Teams: Cowboys/Rams.

Adam_Ace
7 months ago#28
supertecmobowl posted...
Adam_Ace posted...
supertecmobowl posted...
supertecmobowl posted...

@Adam_Ace

How much harder is Dark Souls than Bloodborne?

As a first time player? Being honest here I'd say it's not far off.

For as much s*** as everyone likes to give Dark Souls 2 for artificially inflating its difficulty I'd actually consider it an easier game if you've beaten Dark Souls I.

Bloodborne is the hardest From game but to shrug off Dark Souls I's difficulty so off hand is pretty damn naive honestly.

User Info: madeaccount4dis

madeaccount4dis
7 months ago#29
Getting a good shield early makes DS significantly easier than BB. Perfectly timed dodges are less important in DS with a good shield (still needed for some bosses though). But try beating any BB boss without (almost constant) dodging

Sure BB has insanely OP weapons, but they require proper gems and all that, which, in a normal playthrough are only obtainable late-game (no one is going to abuse chalice dungeons on their first run). Plus DS has Miracles and Crystal Soul Spear/Homing Crystal Soulmass

BB throws large enemy groups at you frequently, DS almost never does. And don't forget how hard the Old Hunters is

If you find DS harder it's because it was likely your first FS game, so you weren't used to the formula yet, the games didn't get easier, you got better.

User Info: regs8376

regs8376
7 months ago#30
Getting a good shield early makes DS significantly easier than BB. Perfectly timed dodges are less important in DS with a good shield (still needed for some bosses though). But try beating any BB boss without (almost constant) dodging

Sure BB has insanely OP weapons, but they require proper gems and all that, which, in a normal playthrough are only obtainable late-game (no one is going to abuse chalice dungeons on their first run). Plus DS has Miracles and Crystal Soul Spear/Homing Crystal Soulmass

BB throws large enemy groups at you frequently, DS almost never does. And don't forget how hard the Old Hunters is

If you find DS harder it's because it was likely your first FS game, so you weren't used to the formula yet, the games didn't get easier, you got better.
GT: EnvyTheMalice
PSN: franchise14
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Will Dark Souls 1 Remaster Be Worth Getting?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived