FF7 was the best because it was more adult in tone and serious than any RPG

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. FF7 was the best because it was more adult in tone and serious than any RPG

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
5 months ago#1
Thats the problem with RPGS today, there always needs to be a cutesy mascot or some garbage that can immediately ruin a serious moment, FF7 didnt even have real moogles besides the arcade game, red 13 wasnt a cutesy animal he was a savage, and cait sith come on fam, throwin dice like a G.

But in all seriousness i cant remember a RPG that was more real than the shinra tower in FF7 especially when you leave the jail and theres blood everywhere on the floor, the game was dark, adult in matter and tone.
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
5 months ago#2
No just no and ff9 is better

User Info: Somethingwildx

Somethingwildx
5 months ago#3
majin nemesis posted...

Quoted for truth

User Info: Pudi360

Pudi360
5 months ago#4
majin nemesis posted...

User Info: lionhartwolf

lionhartwolf
5 months ago#5
Well it was a better time for JRPGs imho. I think the tropes took over in the last decade. FFVII does suffer from some of the more obvious tropes (silver haired baddies, anthropomorphic teammates, power of friendhship) but for it's time it was a fresh take on the typical JRPG and that was it's biggest strength. I don't think FFVII would succeed as well today as it did back in 1997.

User Info: cymanx

cymanx
5 months ago#6
FF9 was not better then FF7. Here is why: the final battle in FF7 was more relevant then it was in FF9. To me, that matters. Kuja should have been the real final battle! I thought that FF7 also had the better chocobo game, because frankly speaking... chocobo hot and cold sucked. It felt more special to me to get the golden chocobo in FF7 as well. Going to chase things in FF7 was also more fun as well, and best of all... it had the golden saucer!!! FF9 doesn't have that, the end.
vr6exyvr6exy wants to connect his PS4 to his mobile hot spot.

User Info: Kazuya_80

Kazuya_80
5 months ago#7
And then Sephiroth talked about ancients and people from space and it was for 14 year olds again

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
5 months ago#8
FF9 was a great RPG and the end of the great FF era, but 7 was better, i felt more helpless and doomed and everything was against me in FF7 then i ever did with 9.
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: Howler

Howler
5 months ago#9
Don Corneo’s Mansion.
"I went outside once. The graphics were great but the story sucked." - chrisisalive

User Info: Kazuya_80

Kazuya_80
5 months ago#10
Let`s mosey
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. FF7 was the best because it was more adult in tone and serious than any RPG

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived