• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Gamestop already has used copies of Monster Hunter World lol

User Info: Mexoga

Mexoga
1 year ago#81
john7281 posted...
Jadex9 posted...
Jx1010 posted...
New copy = $60 (other stores and sealed)
New copy = $60 (gamestop and opened)
Used copy = $55 (gamestop)

And morons still buy from them

Not only that, but new copies elsewhere= Automatically factory sealed, Gamestop is the only f***ing store where I have to ask for my NEW electronics purchase to be sealed. Jesus.

I was in there two months ago, the place is some sort of Toy-Store/Crack head fencing place now, there was two kids buying pokemon cards, and a sketchy Meth-couple trying to sell them an old Galaxy tablet.

I have never had a problem at Gamestop not once, now I can't say the same about Best Buy which is generally hyped up as a good place to buy games, just like Amazon. Till Amazon opens a store I can walk into, I will rarely deal with them for games at all, bought 1 game off Amazon in the last 3-4 years or more. Gamestop opens 1 game to put the case on the shelf, which when they opened was a common practice that is still present in places today in some areas. The only time you get the opened one is if it is the last copy the store has since it is the display case and they generally only open 1 copy of the game.

Amazon does have brick and mortar stores
I don't give a damn what people say about me... all of the jokes that the cool kids used to make about me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80qd6UJn4QI

User Info: lordandmaster

lordandmaster
1 year ago#82
Gamestop gave me 455 for the pro and 8 games.old games. feels like i robbed them. bought the xbox x ( getting tired of ps games. I switch couple times a generation. i can do it because i want to.) no1 else would give me 70% of that. not even close and no eBay or PayPal fees. By the way nothing on the pro compares to gow4 4k. amazing. But the pro is nice don't get me wrong.

User Info: ClassicMan

ClassicMan
1 year ago#83
THEB0SS666 posted...
Ok
PSN: ClassicMan1982

User Info: YoYoLeFtToRiTe

YoYoLeFtToRiTe
1 year ago#84
ShippFFXI posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...
They have used copies of DBZ, MHW and any Playstation exclusive or any exclusive of any system on the first days of release, so i don't understand the point of this topic.

They've literally been out for like 2 damn days. Not saying it's impossible but still pretty funny.

I traded in DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi the day after release since it was utter garbage that I was never going to play again. Not saying MH is garbage like that, but it's pretty common. Could have even been someone impatient that wanted the digital version, but picked the physical up for release while it downloaded in the background and then took it back it. Stupid and a waste of money, but I'd believe it.

I didn't ask you why you agreed with the idea, I implied it's merely unusual. If someone drops 60 bucks on a game all to find out they don't like it only hurts them. Nobody else. Most of the time there's betas, or tons of research that could be done prior to help assist your decision.

Btw, same goes to you for purchasing Ultimate Tenkaichi blindly.
When life becomes too difficult to stand, just take a kneel.

User Info: ShippFFXI

ShippFFXI
1 year ago#85
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...
They have used copies of DBZ, MHW and any Playstation exclusive or any exclusive of any system on the first days of release, so i don't understand the point of this topic.

They've literally been out for like 2 damn days. Not saying it's impossible but still pretty funny.

I traded in DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi the day after release since it was utter garbage that I was never going to play again. Not saying MH is garbage like that, but it's pretty common. Could have even been someone impatient that wanted the digital version, but picked the physical up for release while it downloaded in the background and then took it back it. Stupid and a waste of money, but I'd believe it.

I didn't ask you why you agreed with the idea, I implied it's merely unusual. If someone drops 60 bucks on a game all to find out they don't like it only hurts them. Nobody else. Most of the time there's betas, or tons of research that could be done prior to help assist your decision.

I didn't purchase it blindly. It was supposed to be similar to the Tenkaichi games. That's how it was reviewed at the time and how it was portrayed in promotional material. It was not portrayed as being a rock-paper-scissor QTE fest which is literally how the game actually played.

I also didn't know I needed your permission to quote you and expand on what you said on a public forum.
I feel like they are making some great points, but the name-calling and volcano-based murder-ideation are chipping away at their position somewhat.

User Info: YoYoLeFtToRiTe

YoYoLeFtToRiTe
1 year ago#86
ShippFFXI posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...

I didn't purchase it blindly. It was supposed to be similar to the Tenkaichi games. That's how it was reviewed at the time and how it was portrayed in promotional material. It was not portrayed as being a rock-paper-scissor QTE fest which is literally how the game actually played.

I also didn't know I needed your permission to quote you and expand on what you said on a public forum.

Dude, if you would have read the first few paragraphs from IGN's review it clearly makes that evident. And name ONE reviewer that said this game was ANYTHING like previous installments. They all say the same.

And don't quote me again until you stop lying and making excuses.
When life becomes too difficult to stand, just take a kneel.

User Info: FourManSeven

FourManSeven
1 year ago#87
Jx1010 posted...

My gamestop has never sold me a game unwrapped...

User Info: crillgamer

crillgamer
1 year ago#88
3 GameStops in my city. One just in walking distance. Never had a problem ever.
When in danger or in doubt
Run in circles scream and shout

User Info: BurgerTime79

BurgerTime79
1 year ago#89
FourManSeven posted...
Jx1010 posted...

My gamestop has never sold me a game unwrapped...

Which is the typical experience. Jx just wants to complain about something he made up, and insult people.
RIP Keith Robinson. 9/9/1955 - 6/14/2017
Business partner, Blue Sky Ranger, Friend.

User Info: stawg007

stawg007
1 year ago#90
How much is the trade in for new releases like that?

I cant imagine it's all that great and a massive waste of money
Fan of Sega, Playstation and Xbox
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Gamestop already has used copies of Monster Hunter World lol
  • Topic Archived