• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Gamestop already has used copies of Monster Hunter World lol

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
1 year ago#101
Well that is generally common for Gamestop, it's how they make money.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a huge chuck of people who bought the game return it after realizing what it actually is.

The game gained a ton of hype.
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/

User Info: Homie_202

Homie_202
1 year ago#102
I worked at Gamestop for 4 years and pretty much every single game that came out while I worked there we would get someone trading it in in the first week, and most of time a store in our district would get them on launch day. This isn’t uncommon. Not sure why it needs a topic.

User Info: YoYoLeFtToRiTe

YoYoLeFtToRiTe
1 year ago#103
ShippFFXI posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...

Oh, don't start with the mindless insults, will ya? Can't you have a debate without throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old? Listen to me ALL the way through this time. The IGN article had EVERYTHING to do with what you said. You said it was reviewed to be similar to the other games in the series and I questioned that because several paragraphs into the review states over the top contraire. And you are lying if you're telling me you didn't go into this game blindly yet you returned it a day after release? How f***ing stupid do you think people are?

It's not mindless.

That IGN review was published LATER that day AFTER the game had already launched in the morning.

Everything leading up to the game was hyping it up to be the same as the other Tenkaichi games except improved upon. The game was not advertised as being nothing but QTEs leading up to launch day. It was false advertising and why it's largely considered one of, if not the worst DBZ game ever made. I got a game on launch that was part of the Tenkaichi line of games and advertised as having a lot of the same gameplay but new and improved just with certain QTE segments for something like beam battles. What I got, along with everyone else on release day, was a game that had absolutely nothing in common with the Tenkaichi games, and was literally just throw 3 punches, rock paper scissors QTE garbage. THEN reviewers started publishing that aspect of the game ON release day, after people already bought their launch copies.

There's a difference from buying something blind that you don't know if you'll like, and buying something that is advertised as part of the same line of games and it having absolutely nothing in common with the series of games it belongs to other than the characters. This would be like if the next season of the Walking Dead has the same cast, except the zombies are all gone and it's now about vampires. It's utterly stupid.

Tldr. Might be time for you to invest into a new hobby, son.
When life becomes too difficult to stand, just take a kneel.

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
1 year ago#104
Jx1010 posted...
New copy = $60 (other stores and sealed)
New copy = $60 (gamestop and opened)
Used copy = $55 (gamestop)

And morons still buy from them

I've never gotten an opened /new/ copy at gamestop in 15 years of buying there.
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.

User Info: Digivillain

Digivillain
1 year ago#105
Homie_202 posted...
I worked at Gamestop for 4 years and pretty much every single game that came out while I worked there we would get someone trading it in in the first week, and most of time a store in our district would get them on launch day. This isn’t uncommon. Not sure why it needs a topic.

Yup. Worked there for about 2 years and every single new release had trade-ins within the first week. This topic is some desperate trolling.
Murder-Death-Kill

User Info: KittyBillionair

KittyBillionair
1 year ago#106
Dempig posted...
Picked up db fighterz and someone had already returned mhw. Lool

they couldn't git gud

also, most new games end up at gameslop quick
http://i.imgur.com/EzxCkfq.gif http://i.imgur.com/FQAxIv6.gif
Never trust a republican. Also no such thing as an SJW, but only bigots and non-bigots.

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
1 year ago#107
doesn't the game require you to put in like an hour before things start going anywhere?

most people don't wanna trudge through a game for an hour just for something to happen
PSN: VV_Argost
XB1:GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare

User Info: ShippFFXI

ShippFFXI
1 year ago#108
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...

Oh, don't start with the mindless insults, will ya? Can't you have a debate without throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old? Listen to me ALL the way through this time. The IGN article had EVERYTHING to do with what you said. You said it was reviewed to be similar to the other games in the series and I questioned that because several paragraphs into the review states over the top contraire. And you are lying if you're telling me you didn't go into this game blindly yet you returned it a day after release? How f***ing stupid do you think people are?

It's not mindless.

That IGN review was published LATER that day AFTER the game had already launched in the morning.

Everything leading up to the game was hyping it up to be the same as the other Tenkaichi games except improved upon. The game was not advertised as being nothing but QTEs leading up to launch day. It was false advertising and why it's largely considered one of, if not the worst DBZ game ever made. I got a game on launch that was part of the Tenkaichi line of games and advertised as having a lot of the same gameplay but new and improved just with certain QTE segments for something like beam battles. What I got, along with everyone else on release day, was a game that had absolutely nothing in common with the Tenkaichi games, and was literally just throw 3 punches, rock paper scissors QTE garbage. THEN reviewers started publishing that aspect of the game ON release day, after people already bought their launch copies.

There's a difference from buying something blind that you don't know if you'll like, and buying something that is advertised as part of the same line of games and it having absolutely nothing in common with the series of games it belongs to other than the characters. This would be like if the next season of the Walking Dead has the same cast, except the zombies are all gone and it's now about vampires. It's utterly stupid.

Tldr. Might be time for you to invest into a new hobby, son.

I'd try trolling, but you seem to have filled that position.
I feel like they are making some great points, but the name-calling and volcano-based murder-ideation are chipping away at their position somewhat.

User Info: AH88

AH88
1 year ago#109
I got Nier Automata in it's release week used, I quickly found out why someone got rid of it so fast.(Thankfully I got a full refund since I bought it used.)

User Info: Donteb84

Donteb84
1 year ago#110
I like to buy used so I can return it if I don't like it. Love gamestop and always shop there.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Gamestop already has used copies of Monster Hunter World lol
  • Topic Archived