Gamestop already has used copies of Monster Hunter World lol

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Gamestop already has used copies of Monster Hunter World lol

User Info: enigma2274

enigma2274
7 months ago#91
Not every game is for everybody. I usually love every game I get, because I know myself and what I like. But over the years I think there's a couple games I got rid of right away. Either didn't click, or massive disappointments.
Plus I think a lot of casuals have the wrong idea on what this game is really like.
Playing: Persona 3, Devil Survivor Ovrclkd, Metroid SR, Dark Sector, CoR Escape from Butcher Bay, Luigi's Mansion 2, Folklore, Enslaved, Silent Hill Origins.

User Info: ShippFFXI

ShippFFXI
7 months ago#92
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...
They have used copies of DBZ, MHW and any Playstation exclusive or any exclusive of any system on the first days of release, so i don't understand the point of this topic.

They've literally been out for like 2 damn days. Not saying it's impossible but still pretty funny.

I traded in DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi the day after release since it was utter garbage that I was never going to play again. Not saying MH is garbage like that, but it's pretty common. Could have even been someone impatient that wanted the digital version, but picked the physical up for release while it downloaded in the background and then took it back it. Stupid and a waste of money, but I'd believe it.

I didn't ask you why you agreed with the idea, I implied it's merely unusual. If someone drops 60 bucks on a game all to find out they don't like it only hurts them. Nobody else. Most of the time there's betas, or tons of research that could be done prior to help assist your decision.

Btw, same goes to you for purchasing Ultimate Tenkaichi blindly.

I didn't purchase it blindly. It was supposed to be similar to the Tenkaichi games. That's how it was reviewed at the time and how it was portrayed in promotional material. It was not portrayed as being a rock-paper-scissor QTE fest which is literally how the game actually played.

I also didn't know I needed your permission to quote you and expand on what you said on a public forum.

Dude, if you would have read the first few paragraphs from IGN's review it clearly makes that evident. And name ONE reviewer that said this game was ANYTHING like previous installments. They all say the same.

And don't quote me again until you stop lying and making excuses.

What in the hell does an IGN article have to do with anything I said? What am I even lying about?

Are you f***ing drunk?
I feel like they are making some great points, but the name-calling and volcano-based murder-ideation are chipping away at their position somewhat.

User Info: EternalDivide

EternalDivide
7 months ago#93
Well I imagine some people bought it without realizing what it really is. Lord knows that was my experience with it way back when.

Hated it.
FFVII Remake: A disaster in the making.
I'll laugh at whatever I find funny whether you like it or not.

User Info: Madmartagon

Madmartagon
7 months ago#94
Gamestop.. New copy's are used copy's tho !

There will always be ppl buying into hype for game types they don't even like and buy them play a bit and take it back

User Info: Ticonderoga

Ticonderoga
7 months ago#95
Pics or it didn't happen.

User Info: bluewolf51313

bluewolf51313
7 months ago#96
I didn't read thru all the posts, but I get 20% off all used games at GameStop.
So if a used game is $55, I would get it for $44. So a game just coming out for $44 is pretty good if it's a game I was interested in.
Also, if I used store credit, I wouldn't need to pay sales tax, so that's that.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton

User Info: YoYoLeFtToRiTe

YoYoLeFtToRiTe
7 months ago#97
ShippFFXI posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...
They have used copies of DBZ, MHW and any Playstation exclusive or any exclusive of any system on the first days of release, so i don't understand the point of this topic.

They've literally been out for like 2 damn days. Not saying it's impossible but still pretty funny.

I traded in DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi the day after release since it was utter garbage that I was never going to play again. Not saying MH is garbage like that, but it's pretty common. Could have even been someone impatient that wanted the digital version, but picked the physical up for release while it downloaded in the background and then took it back it. Stupid and a waste of money, but I'd believe it.

I didn't ask you why you agreed with the idea, I implied it's merely unusual. If someone drops 60 bucks on a game all to find out they don't like it only hurts them. Nobody else. Most of the time there's betas, or tons of research that could be done prior to help assist your decision.

Btw, same goes to you for purchasing Ultimate Tenkaichi blindly.

I didn't purchase it blindly. It was supposed to be similar to the Tenkaichi games. That's how it was reviewed at the time and how it was portrayed in promotional material. It was not portrayed as being a rock-paper-scissor QTE fest which is literally how the game actually played.

I also didn't know I needed your permission to quote you and expand on what you said on a public forum.

Dude, if you would have read the first few paragraphs from IGN's review it clearly makes that evident. And name ONE reviewer that said this game was ANYTHING like previous installments. They all say the same.

And don't quote me again until you stop lying and making excuses.

What in the hell does an IGN article have to do with anything I said? What am I even lying about?

Are you f***ing drunk?

Oh, don't start with the mindless insults, will ya? Can't you have a debate without throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old? Listen to me ALL the way through this time. The IGN article had EVERYTHING to do with what you said. You said it was reviewed to be similar to the other games in the series and I questioned that because several paragraphs into the review states over the top contraire. And you are lying if you're telling me you didn't go into this game blindly yet you returned it a day after release? How f***ing stupid do you think people are?
When life becomes too difficult to stand, just take a kneel.

User Info: ShippFFXI

ShippFFXI
7 months ago#98
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...

Oh, don't start with the mindless insults, will ya? Can't you have a debate without throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old? Listen to me ALL the way through this time. The IGN article had EVERYTHING to do with what you said. You said it was reviewed to be similar to the other games in the series and I questioned that because several paragraphs into the review states over the top contraire. And you are lying if you're telling me you didn't go into this game blindly yet you returned it a day after release? How f***ing stupid do you think people are?

It's not mindless.

That IGN review was published LATER that day AFTER the game had already launched in the morning.

Everything leading up to the game was hyping it up to be the same as the other Tenkaichi games except improved upon. The game was not advertised as being nothing but QTEs leading up to launch day. It was false advertising and why it's largely considered one of, if not the worst DBZ game ever made. I got a game on launch that was part of the Tenkaichi line of games and advertised as having a lot of the same gameplay but new and improved just with certain QTE segments for something like beam battles. What I got, along with everyone else on release day, was a game that had absolutely nothing in common with the Tenkaichi games, and was literally just throw 3 punches, rock paper scissors QTE garbage. THEN reviewers started publishing that aspect of the game ON release day, after people already bought their launch copies.

There's a difference from buying something blind that you don't know if you'll like, and buying something that is advertised as part of the same line of games and it having absolutely nothing in common with the series of games it belongs to other than the characters. This would be like if the next season of the Walking Dead has the same cast, except the zombies are all gone and it's now about vampires. It's utterly stupid.
I feel like they are making some great points, but the name-calling and volcano-based murder-ideation are chipping away at their position somewhat.

User Info: pOtEmKiN_1914

pOtEmKiN_1914
7 months ago#99
deprofundis442 posted...
Jx1010 posted...
New copy = $60 (other stores and sealed)
New copy = $60 (gamestop and opened)
Used copy = $55 (gamestop)

And morons still buy from them

Probably traded in for a good 5 bucks too.

It depends how new it is and what level is your membership.

Example: Used DragonBall FighterZ = $25-30 trade in value.

It goes up additional $5 depending on your level membership which is..

Elite extra $10
Pro extra $5
Regular (base)
You're either The New NEXUS or you're against Us

User Info: BadJamNToast

BadJamNToast
7 months ago#100
I’m planning to return it. A friend begged me to get it but I’ve gotta put my foot down.

The game’s boring as f***, I should’ve gotten Dragon Ball FighterZ instead.
Horror fan&metalhead.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Gamestop already has used copies of Monster Hunter World lol

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived