what's your thought on the mindset that pc is for competitive gamers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. what's your thought on the mindset that pc is for competitive gamers

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
6 months ago#1
and consoles like PS4 are for casual "I don't care about trying" gamers?

I ask because I've noticed as hard as I try to silence the stupid elitist pc master race trolls there are very few official console tournaments outside fighting games and those are probably the only games where console gamers can actually show their stuff in a competitive atmosphere

everything else is locked down to PC like FPS for example

but do you think that can ever change or will consoles ever always be stuck in this situation where they don't have a competitive atmosphere to support?
PSN: VV_Argost
XB1:GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare

User Info: Junior_AIN

Junior_AIN
6 months ago#2
You can't really compete against mouse/keyboard users in FPS, sorry but it's not possible.
+ | + https://marcoagj.wordpress.com/ + | +
| | | | https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Marco_AGJ | | | |

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
6 months ago#3
Junior_AIN posted...
You can't really compete against mouse/keyboard users in FPS, sorry but it's not possible.

thing is console players can't compete in anything at all

outside of fighting games there's nothing

so if you aren't a pc gamer then you aren't anything more than a casual gamer in the long run

which is good for most people but some of us want to actually play with people who aren't just screwing around after a few drinks or little children screaming over the mic
PSN: VV_Argost
XB1:GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare

User Info: GabranthXIII

GabranthXIII
6 months ago#4
We can't have 15 fps competitive games so naturally PC is the right choice. Everything must be butter smooth when we talk about competition.
https://i.imgur.com/jnillPP.png

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
6 months ago#5
What are you on about?

There are more than 40 million PS4s out there. Plenty of players are playing competitively and trying hard. Playing often and working to get better at the games they enjoy.

Yes, the control scheme on PC is MUCH easier to become adept with. So what?

Do you know why that doesn't matter? Because the player base on console is MUCH larger. You are competing against more people.

The absolute tip-top of players are likely on PC. but they aren't using PS4s and a controller, so why should I care? They have better hardware and an easier control scheme, so it would be sad if all else being equal they wouldn't have an advantage in a head-to-head.

Further, your examples are all over the place. Are you trying to compete in tournaments or do you just want sweaty matches all the time? Because you mention tournaments then go on about constantly playing against people screwing around or with little kids...

What games are you talking about specifically? Bet you aren't as good at them as you think.
LAL
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win a Divisional round playoff game -- 1/5/14

User Info: Faiyez

Faiyez
6 months ago#6
Competitive fighting games are on console. Next.
I think they've taken the freedom and liberty thing a BIT TOO FAR!
-GlowStormLion on Japan's kinks.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
6 months ago#7
Basically, mouse and keyboard plus high refresh rates will mean that it's going to eclipse consoles for competitiveness.
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: DaDrkKnight

DaDrkKnight
6 months ago#8
The high grade PCs plus keyboard and mouse give players more options than console. Add to the fact that if you want, there is controller support and button mapping for games optimized properly.
I'm not competitive though, so this is the extent to my knowledge but I do own a PC.
Ooooh, that hurt like the dickens!

User Info: caped88crusader

caped88crusader
6 months ago#9
NightMareBunny posted...
Junior_AIN posted...

thing is console players can't compete in anything at all

outside of fighting games there's nothing

so if you aren't a pc gamer then you aren't anything more than a casual gamer in the long run

which is good for most people but some of us want to actually play with people who aren't just screwing around after a few drinks or little children screaming over the mic

Dude.....99.9% of people are casual gamers.

Having an elitist attitude doesn't make you a pro.

User Info: Tamass18

Tamass18
6 months ago#10
My thoughts is that 99.99999999% of gamers aren't playing on a "competitive" level so the platform they play on is irrelevant. Also most games played on a competitive level are only played on one platform during competitions so comparing cross play is again irrelevant. Each platform has its obvious strengths when it comes to competitive play, but when you're trying to compare some random casual on XBL/PSN vs some random casual on steam it doesn't really matter
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. what's your thought on the mindset that pc is for competitive gamers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived