Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne

User Info: LaLiLuLeLoSnake

LaLiLuLeLoSnake
1 month ago#1
I don't have much time on my hands and only play one game at a time. I'm about to platinum Dark Souls 2 in the next week or so.

I have both games mentioned above.

I just can't make up my mind on which to play next.

What can I expect coming from Dark Souls 1 & 2? Differences, similarities, etc. etc.

Thanks in advance.
Xbox Live: Allenbih
PSN: Livadic

User Info: patkelly929

patkelly929
1 month ago#2
Dark Souls 3 is more like Dark Souls 1 & 2 than Bloodborne is.

If you want something that is more like Dark Souls, play DS3. If you want something that is like Dark Souls, but not as much like Dark Souls as 3, play Bloodborne.

I think the monsters and stuff are more interesting in Bloodborne than in DS3. Less medieval fantasy, more horror fantasy. DS3 is knights/dragons/demon stuff. Bloodborne is more victorian era monsters and things I don't want to spoil.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5371-8850 PM me to get added.
Nintendo ID & PSN: ThePatKelly, XBL: The Pat Kelly

User Info: jdclanc11

jdclanc11
1 month ago#3
I think it’s always best to play games in order of release so go with bloodbourne. Much better game in my opinion.
War. War never changes.

User Info: indg_nt_judgmnt

indg_nt_judgmnt
1 month ago#4
if your ultimate goal is to play both then i say go for the inferior of the two first, then play the better one.

so Dark Souls 3, then Bloodborne
PSN: FomortiisDAP
Official Demiurge of the SMT IV Board.

User Info: Gatchan2

Gatchan2
1 month ago#5
Bloodborne.
then Dark Souls 3
then go back and play Shadow Tower Abyss (with English patch)
then go back and play Forever Kingdom
then go back and play Evergrace
then go and play Otogi 1 and 2
then finish it off with Metal Wolf Chaos
"Call of Duty Players aren't hardcore gamers, or even gamers."
--- Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin

User Info: redditon4chan

redditon4chan
1 month ago#6
Bloodborne is leagues beyond DS3 imo.
10-9-8-7-triple 6-5-forked tongue. NN/PSN/XBL - redditon4chan

User Info: Proletarian

Proletarian
1 month ago#7
i'd switch it up with bloodborne, then return to DS3 at a later date. not only will the change in environment and mechanics be a breath of (somewhat) fresh air with bloodborne, but DS3 will probably feel relatively easy and nostalgic at that point. that's how i did it this gen --> platinum'd DS2: SotFS, platinum'd BB, and i'm on NG++ of DS3, hoping to eventually get the platinum (like DS2, it requires 3 playthroughs to platinum).

BB only requires one playthrough to platinum, by the way, so long as you exploit uploading/downloading saves to PSN or USB to get all endings.

i'd also recommend you get the DLC for BB, the old hunters. not only is it good, but also, unlike the DLCs in DS2 and DS3, it features its own set of trophies.
PSN: Matter_N_Motion Twitch: Matter_N_Motion
I am an advocate for the right to arm bears.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived