What do you guys think of Yooka Laylee?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What do you guys think of Yooka Laylee?

User Info: DaDrkKnight

DaDrkKnight
6 months ago#1
I've been a big fan of collectathons during Rare's golden days and I was wondering if that game will satisfy that itch. I've heard negative thing about the game and it seems to overshadow any positives, but I'd like some opinions after its initial review. I get either biased reviews or people just saying collecthatons are dead.
Basically, my question is does the game run fine, is gameplay good and up to B-K standards
Haven't you got better things to do than read my sig? You're still doing it. OK, stop. Seriously stop. Fine I'll quit writing.

User Info: kislev

kislev
6 months ago#2
Worst game of 2017
Trump 2020
We need a new Final Fantasy Tactics

User Info: skermac

skermac
6 months ago#3
never played it
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
6 months ago#4
The game probably has some minor problems, PC was the main platform.
Still highly playable.
The actual games quality is average. It's not completely awful or unredeemable. It did plenty enough things wrong to hold it back from being truly amazing. Definitely not deserving of all the ire it got, too many people with too high expectations that they couldn't let go of.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj | Switch FC: Ask
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."

User Info: DaDrkKnight

DaDrkKnight
6 months ago#5
mcnichoj posted...
The game probably has some minor problems, PC was the main platform.
Still highly playable.
The actual games quality is average. It's not completely awful or unredeemable. It did plenty enough things wrong to hold it back from being truly amazing. Definitely not deserving of all the ire it got, too many people with too high expectations that they couldn't let go of.

This is my vibe coming from it too, but I'll let other people express their opinions before deciding. But right now I'm leaning towards it despite being a kickstarter. I'm more cautious of those types of funded games because of Mighty #9. Right now I'm still leaning for it because of the price, mainly.
Haven't you got better things to do than read my sig? You're still doing it. OK, stop. Seriously stop. Fine I'll quit writing.

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
6 months ago#6
Looks like it's a lot of fun. I'm probably gonna pick it up at some point. It's a shame these kinds of games have died out, and hopefully they start making a comeback after the success of the Crash trilogy remaster.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you great deal on a spine.

User Info: Kino

Kino
6 months ago#7
It runs fine on my PC. But the gameplay is definitely no Banjo Kazooie. Not even close.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
6 months ago#8
A Hat in Time is superior.
http://i.imgur.com/VwZtbIl.jpg

User Info: Iokua

Iokua
6 months ago#9
It had a bunch of major technical issues at launch, including poor general functionality and an awful camera, however those issues have been ironed out somewhat. It still suffers from poor controls, awful level design, a soundtrack that varies wildly in terms of tone and quality, a dreadful hub world, a s***ty cast of characters and poor quest design. It's less Banjo Kazooie, more Banjo Tooie without the charm.
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.

User Info: Krazy_Kirby

Krazy_Kirby
6 months ago#10
^
nobody who played 3d platformers in the 90's thinks the camera is bad.
Kill From The Shadows.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What do you guys think of Yooka Laylee?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived