• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Should Capcom turn DMC5 into an action RPG game?

User Info: SoulsBorne

SoulsBorne
1 year ago#1
Straight-up action game is outdated while action RPG is becoming more and more popular. It draws from both RPG and action crowds. One most recent and most relevant example, Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden 3 barely sold over 100K while their no name action-RPG Ni-Oh sold over 1M.

With the success of games like Souls, Bloodborne, Nier-Automata, The Witcher 3, Ni-Oh and Capcom's very own Dragon's Dogma I think it makes more sense for Capcom turning DMC5 into action-RPG

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 year ago#2
No, besides Nier Automata has some light rpg elements (and not much more than your average dmc game)
Currently Playing : Nier Automata and Xenoblade Chronicles 2

User Info: Foxclaws

Foxclaws
1 year ago#3
Nope hack and slash is fine. If it ain't broken don't fix it.
I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!

User Info: SoulsBorne

SoulsBorne
1 year ago#4
Foxclaws posted...
Nope hack and slash is fine. If it ain't broken don't fix it.

but it is broken, it's irrelevant, the genre is dying. there's no good hack-slash action game in the last few years, while action-RPG is becoming more popular

User Info: JoeyFlow

JoeyFlow
1 year ago#5
I actually wouldn't mind this tbh. Idk if it would fit well though. But I agree that just straight up action doesn't appeal to me. RPG elements add enough depth for me to be satisfied.
"There is no such thing as ''good'' or ''evil'', there is only me and you. And I accept you for who you are, even if you don't accept me." - Phool

User Info: Roger_Bacon

Roger_Bacon
1 year ago#6
maybe something like a faster more stylish bloodborne , and it would have to be Sparda as main character for me.
To defeat me,you must defeat my dragon punch
Psn - Darth_Richy

JoeyFlow
1 year ago#7
Roger_Bacon posted...
maybe something like a faster more stylish bloodborne , and it would have to be Sparda as main character for me.

They need to delve more into Sparda's and their mothers story as a whole now. Great direction for them to go. Also Sparda brothers conciliation please. Uncharted 4 has reminded how compelling a story of brotherhood can be. The feels.
"There is no such thing as ''good'' or ''evil'', there is only me and you. And I accept you for who you are, even if you don't accept me." - Phool

User Info: old_school_rpg

old_school_rpg
1 year ago#8
Yes please action rpg DMC, sign me up!
Currently playing Fallout 4. As always, no patches or DLC.

JoeyFlow
1 year ago#9
old_school_rpg posted...
Yes please action rpg DMC, sign me up!

*Looks at your sig*

You poor brave soul...

Keep on ridin cowboy *salute*

User Info: Gen2000

Gen2000
1 year ago#10
Vanilla Ninja Gaiden 3 was bad though, it only became decent after Razor's Edge.

Bayonetta 1 did do 1mil.
DMC4 did too (2-3mil IIRC).

There is room for both types.
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Should Capcom turn DMC5 into an action RPG game?
  • Topic Archived