D6500 Standard for gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. D6500 Standard for gaming?

User Info: Piet100

Piet100
4 months ago#1
Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone knows if the D6500 standard is generally used by game developers as well when creating games?

I know it’s the standard color setting in movies. But when playing videogames, should you calibrate your TV/monitor to match the D6500 as well to see the colors as intended by the developers? Or is this not really a topic here?

Thanks!

Piet100
4 months ago#2
No one?

User Info: oo7demonkiller

oo7demonkiller
4 months ago#3
what is a d6500???
Canada's greatest weapon of mass destruction was celine dion and we sent her to the states and yet we still have to wear ear defenders.

Piet100
4 months ago#4
oo7demonkiller posted...
what is a d6500???

It’s a color standard. Mostly related to color temperature.

Anyone who is not a videophile or home cinema perfectionist probably won’t bother. But in a way it’s important if you wanna experience an image as intended by the director.

Shows and movies are all shot in D6500 to make sure everyone sees the same image.

If you would google what experts recommend for the best calibration settings for a tv, they usually tweak it to match D6500 so the image you see at home corresponds to the image intended by the director.

By default the „Warm 2“ setting of most TVs usually is the closest to D6500.

I wonder if game developers use the same standards of if they simply don’t bother. I couldn’t find anything about it and I was curious if anyone on here ever heard anything about that.

Piet100
4 months ago#5
Bump
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. D6500 Standard for gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived