• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Shadows Die Twice is a Tenchu game

User Info: McSnarled

McSnarled
3 years ago#31
Vita_Aeterna posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9jNUfRA8BM

Credits to some random ass 4chan user.

>Asian aesthetics and music.
>'Shadows Die Twice', possibly a direct reference to Rikimaru.
>Blood and weird prosthetic s*** shown in trailer, consistent with several of the creepy 'mechanical' things found in Tenchu game such as Tenchu 3's Mechanical Castle stage.
>Same 'dark' aesthetics and possible fantasy elements that have been present in all Tenchu games.

I agree with this as it hit me to be a new Tenchu like game. If it is BB2 it would have more of a mystic feel. I think this is an attempt at a new Tenchu like game. If this is BB2 then they used Tenchu as basis of this game. If this is a true Tenchu game I will lose my sheet.
Started with Atari now I am here.

User Info: Faltered_Beast

Faltered_Beast
3 years ago#32
Vita_Aeterna posted...
Faltered_Beast posted...
Vita_Aeterna posted...
If it was Bloodborne, shouldn't we have seen the Sony Interactive Entertainment logo?

namewitheld posted...
I couldnt think of a less appropriate teaser for a tenchu game if I tried. Nothing says stealth assassin quite like some torture-looking instrument being wound/cranked (?), attached to a skeletal looking arm....

I haven't played Tenchu so Idk.

Has no one tried reading what's on the wall??? I assume it's in Japanese, is it not?

My Japanese is iffy, but it roughly translates as:

“Nice night”

and

“Looks like you chose the wrong party to crash”

I can't tell if it's your sloppy translation or the fact that the writing on the wall was intentionally left ambiguous lol.

It’s just a crap joke.

Both quotes from the original Tenchu, which me and my friends still reference now, 19 years later.

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
3 years ago#33
God I hope not. I loved Tenchu...but man, just leave it in the ground where it belongs and do something new.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: MwarriorHiei

MwarriorHiei
3 years ago#34
HorrorSindicate posted...
namewitheld posted...
I couldnt think of a less appropriate teaser for a tenchu game if I tried. Nothing says stealth assassin quite like some torture-looking instrument being wound/cranked (?), attached to a skeletal looking arm....

it's torture imagery... torture exists in all cultures and time lines

is it torture imagery though? the metal thing looks like its in the position of the fibula so it could be a prosthetic of some sort.

User Info: stevetherican

stevetherican
3 years ago#35
Vita_Aeterna posted...
Ghost of Tsushima and Tenchu (possibly) next year (maybe). Wow, looks like we're going deep into ninja territory next year.

Psx PLEASE give us Ninja Gaiden Collection

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
3 years ago#36
If From is doing a ninja game, they are f***ed because Sucker Punch is also doing a ninja game. And let me tell you. I trust Sucker Punch to make a good f***ing ninja game

User Info: Beers

Beers
3 years ago#37
nonexistinghero posted...
That game's stealth is mediocre at best.

Lol.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: thierminator

thierminator
3 years ago#38
I posted this before this topic and nobody responded except one guy that didn't believe me.
Sorry for my bad English

User Info: mashu

mashu
3 years ago#39
Looks nothing like Tenchu. Nothing about the teaser even remotely reminds me of it. Wish it was though. Want that game from them more than any other.
A man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man!

User Info: BigBossHaas

BigBossHaas
3 years ago#40
First of all, this has Miyazaki’s fingerprints on it. That much I know...but this could go in a couple of
directions, which is exciting.

Definitely gives me the vibe of being on a ship or harbor near ships...and I saw another poster mention it could be some sort of fishing device?

If it’s anything related to Bloodborne, the water would be the key here. Something emerging from the mysterious depths, which has Miyazaki's name all over it. Something like the Orphan of Kos from Bloodborne?

Otherwise, the Japanese aesthetics of the video clash with the gothic Victorian setting of Bloodborne, which would mean either:

A) different setting in the world of Bloodborne, perhaps another time

B) completely unrelated to Bloodborne’s world/story

I’m thinking it’s B here. Tenchu seems very likely, but I think it could be a reboot of the series that adopts more of the Souls mechanics and atmospheres.

Finally, it’s a new “dark fantasy” ARPG that will
simply be a new setting/story for Miyazaki to create and perhaps incorporate new gameplay features like an open world.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Shadows Die Twice is a Tenchu game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A