Female characters created by Eastern vs. Western developers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Female characters created by Eastern vs. Western developers

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
2 months ago#11
This topic again eh?

As usual, my vote goes for Japan.
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: Vita_Aeterna

Vita_Aeterna
2 months ago#12
vigorm0rtis posted...
Vita_Aeterna posted...
There's no question, if there was one, the topic sentence or the original post would include a "question mark" at the end.

There's no topic of discussion. You just made two statements. Are you asking which we prefer? Whether we think one is better on some spuriously objective scale?

This is a personal observation, one that you can respond to in any way you like. Do you agree with my assertion that the Western characters mentioned above are superior in substance to its Eastern counterparts? Are you bothered that Eastern characters are often sexualized? Etc.

Edit: edited the original post to promote better discussion, cheers.
"Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is STARK."

User Info: zado19

zado19
2 months ago#13
@EightySix22 posted...
It's a 50/50 case for western devs. You have females like Cortana, Lara Croft or Morrigan

im confused, is there another Morrigan more well known than the Darkstalkers one that i dont know about?
Im no longer responding to morons, so dont tag or quote me if you have something moronic or delusional to say... cant stomach the foolishness anymore

User Info: hdx514

hdx514
2 months ago#14
Japanese gaming industry is male-dominated and most of these men have very little experience with women and are therefore unable to write good female characters with any depths. They mostly resort to their own fantasies and treat females like eye candy. It's extremely sexist but it also attracts hordes of like minded male fans. Western developers on the other hand can push their feminist agenda way too far like in the case of Horizon Zero Dawn where most of the men are either evil psychopaths or cucks who need women to guide their every step.

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
2 months ago#15
zado19 posted...
@EightySix22 posted...
It's a 50/50 case for western devs. You have females like Cortana, Lara Croft or Morrigan

im confused, is there another Morrigan more well known than the Darkstalkers one that i dont know about?

Dragon Age Origins.

User Info: SonyHoundDawg

SonyHoundDawg
2 months ago#16
I don’t mind Eastern characters but most eastern female characters are terrible l with terrible voices

User Info: SonyHoundDawg

SonyHoundDawg
2 months ago#17
hdx514 posted...
f Horizon Zero Dawn where most of the men are either evil psychopaths or cucks who need women to guide their every step.

Your post was kinda interesting till you started lane trolling about horizon. Go and play it and you’ll see overall this is not true

User Info: lolilicious

lolilicious
2 months ago#18
Japanese devs know how to make proper strong and independent female characters. Western devs just seem to think that females can't be strong without looking masculine. Western devs are very sexist.
YES LOLI ! NO TOUCH !

User Info: Haeravon

Haeravon
2 months ago#19
I'll take Ciri/Triss over cartoon pedo-bait any day, thanks.
PSN: Haeravon
Follow my work at: https://www.facebook.com/HaeravonFAQs/, https://www.twitch.tv/haeravon and https://www.youtube.com/haeravonfaqs

User Info: hdx514

hdx514
2 months ago#20
SonyHoundDawg posted...
hdx514 posted...
f Horizon Zero Dawn where most of the men are either evil psychopaths or cucks who need women to guide their every step.

Your post was kinda interesting till you started lane trolling about horizon. Go and play it and you’ll see overall this is not true

https://my.playstation.com/hdx514

You were saying?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Female characters created by Eastern vs. Western developers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived