• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PS4 news. Samurai Warriors 5 is being developed

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
3 years ago#1
it's likely to be on PS4

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/13/next-samurai-warriors-works-wont-release-sometime-september-2018/

especially with DW9 just barely being the first PS4 generation Dynasty Warriors game, it makes sense for Samurai Warriors 5 to b PS4 game, even if PS5 is out then.

Samurai Warriors 5 definitely should go open world like Dynasty Warriors 9, it would make things more epic.

DW9 is coming to PS4 in february, and its open world is definitely gonna earn a larger fanbase!

so yea it helps Samurai warriors 5 to learn from DW9.

just imagine open world Warring States period Japan with DW9 inspired scale, realtime weather and elements and other things!! and with towns and townspeople, etc!!

with PS4 epicness it can be even more epic! perhaps they will make the characters look even more authentic Japanese instead of ridiculous afros, too over the top weapons, ridiculous dyed hair, and out of place clothing.

User Info: Todd134

Todd134
3 years ago#2
Would've preferred basara 5, but I like this series too.

Hyper attacks made 4 kind of a boring mash fest. I understand it was nerfed in later installments. Really looking forward to the redesigns(especially Nobunaga's)
GT: Todd186 PSN ID: Todd289 Switch FC: SW-2478-3986-5579
http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/todd134

User Info: oryo23

oryo23
3 years ago#3
nice i guess
It was me,dio

User Info: EVILBRENDA

EVILBRENDA
3 years ago#4
Todd134 posted...

Rage mode made the game kind of a boring mash fest. I understand it was nerfed in last

Sorta. It became "mash Triangle to win". Magoichi was absolutely OP as hell just mashing one button. If you used actual combos, he was near god status. We're talking whole room full of baddies in a few milliseconds dead. But I still played the ever loving s*** out of it even buying SW4-B.
Yo dawg I heard you needed some Xbox One X with your Xbox One S and Xbox One, so I bought you some books instead.

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
3 years ago#5
Hope its coming to Nintendo Switch.

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
3 years ago#6
lambchips posted...

The definitive version when it has a portable mode.

xenosaga123
3 years ago#7
Todd134 posted...

Hyper attacks made 4 kind of a boring mash fest. I understand it was nerfed in later installments. Really looking forward to the redesigns(especially Nobunaga's)

lol its hilarious how the siliconera commentor complained about the later games nerfing hyper attacks, lol.
they have their thrill, but it really made the combat too abusive and more of a faceroll.

they should make the combat more like For Honor. yea they sell 1v1000 with simpler combat, but that doesn't mean it has to be such a garden hose conflict. battles would be more intense and gratifying with more synergic combat, and more value from the other soldiers and officers. but yea it's tough conflict of interest when its known for one genre, it doesnt strive for the greater good that would make the battles more organic instead of masher.

User Info: Todd134

Todd134
3 years ago#8
EVILBRENDA posted...
Todd134 posted...

Rage mode made the game kind of a boring mash fest. I understand it was nerfed in last

Sorta. It became "mash Triangle to win". Magoichi was absolutely OP as hell just mashing one button. If you used actual combos, he was near god status. We're talking whole room full of baddies in a few milliseconds dead. But I still played the ever loving s*** out of it even buying SW4-B.

I always liked Nobuyuki myself haha. I remember using his move set in the Chronicle mode a whole lot.
GT: Todd186 PSN ID: Todd289 Switch FC: SW-2478-3986-5579
http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/todd134

xenosaga123
3 years ago#9
lambchips posted...

it should come to PS4 first. Samurai Warriors 3 games were not appreciated on nintendo platform, and sold horrible.

Koei should just stick with playstation consoles, and maybe PC.

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
3 years ago#10
xenosaga123 posted...
lambchips posted...

it should come to PS4 first. Samurai Warriors 3 games were not appreciated on nintendo platform, and sold horrible.

Koei should just stick with playstation consoles, and maybe PC.

People want a portable version with motion controls.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PS4 news. Samurai Warriors 5 is being developed
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A