Super Mario Odyssey's amazing graphics is evidence there's bad ps4 developers.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Super Mario Odyssey's amazing graphics is evidence there's bad ps4 developers.

User Info: KanyeEast

KanyeEast
11 months ago#41
Lmao, tc thinks there is a correlation between power and graphical fidelity.

User Info: Riversands

Riversands
11 months ago#42
imat posted...
Is this a joke, people keep mentioning this game on a PS4 board, are people just trying to justify buying a Switch because it looks like a game for an 8 year old or is it really that good ?

Actually it doea really look good
A left winger. A feminist. A supporter. A friend
Establishing All Lives Matter Movement and social equality to all

User Info: imat

imat
11 months ago#43
metallica621 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
imat posted...
Is this a joke, people keep mentioning this game on a PS4 board, are people just trying to justify buying a Switch because it looks like a game for an 8 year old or is it really that good ?

hmm 8 year olds are playing GTA and FPSs

I didn't even reply back imat because once somebody brings age into video games to try to sound edgy or funny, it just shows how dumb they are and it's not gonna be a good conversation...

Like crash bandicoot looks like it could be for an 8 year old, but there are adults(including myself)that really love those PLAYSTATION games

But you did reply and failed to see that i was asking a question and instead went off on one about being dumb and trying to be funny or edgy which to be honest i wasn't, was just asking a serious question. i apologise if you were offended in anyway and maybe i should not of mentioned age but it still looks like a kids game.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
11 months ago#44
I'd take inspired SMO graphics over semi-realistic graphics any day.
Quitting my job to play Super Mario Odyssey is now considered "trolling". - GameFAQs 2017

User Info: MeteoraXV

MeteoraXV
11 months ago#45
metallica621 posted...
I play games for fun and to relax, graphics are on the bottom of my list

User Info: SiLVeR_420

SiLVeR_420
11 months ago#46
Lockheart34 posted...
Gravity Rush 2 and Ratchet and Clank have fantastic art style.

And thats why I'll say said games loom better then games like uncharted.
Mio Akiyama's official husbando.

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
11 months ago#47
imat posted...
metallica621 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
imat posted...

hmm 8 year olds are playing GTA and FPSs

I didn't even reply back imat because once somebody brings age into video games to try to sound edgy or funny, it just shows how dumb they are and it's not gonna be a good conversation...

Like crash bandicoot looks like it could be for an 8 year old, but there are adults(including myself)that really love those PLAYSTATION games

But you did reply and failed to see that i was asking a question and instead went off on one about being dumb and trying to be funny or edgy which to be honest i wasn't, was just asking a serious question. i apologise if you were offended in anyway and maybe i should not of mentioned age but it still looks like a kids game.

so adults have to be brown grey and boring?

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
11 months ago#48
well smo graphics looks like a great wii u game but a bad ps4 game

I've also had slowdown when theres a lot of the 'skeletons' enemies that are coming from the ground(when you return to the ice boss room in the desert after you beat him) and I use the spinning cappy attack (might happen when theres a lot of these tiny enemes too, dont know what they're called but they seems to be spawning infinitely)

User Info: MH_sief

MH_sief
11 months ago#49
knightimex posted...
This topic isn't about SMO but about how SMO's graphics look wonderful yet it makes you wonder why some games on ps4 lack creativity in design and art style.

Ps4 is what? 4x stronger?
I really wish devs would try harder in advancing art style as opposed to hyper realistic graphics.

There's no doubt many ps4 games are technical marvels in their own right but when it comes to art style several of these games don't necessarily look better.

Nintendo has proven time and again they can do more will less and the games show it.
C'mon devs, get on Nintendo's level.

You have the hardware.
Show us what you can REALLY do with PS4's power!

I think you're forgetting the difference in art vs realism... You're just wrong sadly and I shouldn't have to elaborate.

User Info: FPS_hitman

FPS_hitman
11 months ago#50
knightimex posted...
TheSonyFan posted...
Blandio Odyssey good.
lolololol

Good one, TC!

Let me make this clear: Odyssey is a bad, bland game. The only reason why it got such "amazing" reviews is because Nintendo paid for those positive reviews and silenced all those who disagreed. Why do you think there are no bad reviews of that game on Metacritic? Because Nintendo outright banned those critics from posting their scores. No other reason possible, but nobody wants to talk about it.

I predict that Blandio Odyssey will get the same public outrage and hate that Zolda got once Nintendo stopped paying outlets for fabricated hype. Nowadays everyone considers Bad Breath to be a massive failure on all accounts. The same will happen to Boringssey.

Except it got a 97 on metacritic.
gg

It’s been stated multiple times. Nintendo isn’t judged against real consoles and pc. Nintendo’s scores are more like mobile game scores. They aren’t judged on the same level.

Nintendo is black and white no voice 1920’s movies and damn good at it but it’s lame compare to Real devs that are making avatar,Jurassic park, etc... level stuff.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Super Mario Odyssey's amazing graphics is evidence there's bad ps4 developers.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived