Bethesda will keep getting worse partly thanks to us

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Bethesda will keep getting worse partly thanks to us

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
8 months ago#31
Rand_Aybara posted...
ColdOne666 posted...
End2011 posted...
Beers posted...
OEIO999 posted...
Bethesda didn't develop ANY of those titles.

Mushroom87 posted...
they didnt develop those games.

Nobody said they did.

so why was this created?

They won't publish more games if they keep flopping. They will just make the same 2 games over again with a million rereleases and paid mods.

They're not going to close down multiple studios just because a couple of the games didn't sell well.

Unless they own the studio, they can't do that.

But if games fail to make the publisher money, they won't have a publisher give them money to produce a sequel.

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
8 months ago#32
Like I said... gamers love microtransactions and loot boxes, i dont get why its so hard to understand.
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
8 months ago#33
Thanks gaming community for not buying multiple copies of Prey and Dishonored each.
Quitting my job to play Super Mario Odyssey is now considered "trolling". - GameFAQs 2017

Jedi454
8 months ago#34
lambchips posted...
Like I said... gamers love microtransactions and loot boxes, i dont get why its so hard to understand.

Bethesda should do loot box DLC with their next Elder Scrolls game. Have the base game, then break off 9 parts of the game's area and quests, put them all into a loot box and have them shuffle so you unlock a piece of DLC for $2-5.
Quitting my job to play Super Mario Odyssey is now considered "trolling". - GameFAQs 2017

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
8 months ago#35
Rome218 posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...
ColdOne666 posted...
End2011 posted...
Beers posted...
OEIO999 posted...
Bethesda didn't develop ANY of those titles.

Mushroom87 posted...
they didnt develop those games.

Nobody said they did.

so why was this created?

They won't publish more games if they keep flopping. They will just make the same 2 games over again with a million rereleases and paid mods.

They're not going to close down multiple studios just because a couple of the games didn't sell well.

Unless they own the studio, they can't do that.

But if games fail to make the publisher money, they won't have a publisher give them money to produce a sequel.

They own most of the studios they publish for.

Zenimax subsidiaries:
Bethesda Softworks
Bethesda Game Studios
id Software
Machinegames
Tango Gameworks
Arkane Studios
Arkane Studios Austin
Battlecry Studios
Escalation Studios
Zenimax Online

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
8 months ago#36
Jedi454 posted...
lambchips posted...

Bethesda should do loot box DLC with their next Elder Scrolls game. Have the base game, then break off 9 parts of the game's area and quests, put them all into a loot box and have them shuffle so you unlock a piece of DLC for $2-5.

I think a better way to do it is make maps ( events)
^ in these map packs, they have quest lines or mini games, for example Easter event can be an activity where we have to find eggs to exchange for Easter theme'd items.. while a mini game can be a snowball fight during xmas, or bug catching for summer activities. ( just small stuff like that)

With these updates, they also have things like lootboxes and other IAP items.. basically loot boxes will be tied to a seasonal event and will contain things like holiday exclusive house decoration or clothes and event pets and mounts..

With an opened world game they can do so much to monotize their IP
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

Jedi454
8 months ago#37
lambchips posted...
Jedi454 posted...
lambchips posted...

I think a better way to do it is make maps ( events)
^ in these map packs, they have quest lines or mini games, for example Easter event can be an activity where we have to find eggs to exchange for Easter theme'd items.. while a mini game can be a snowball fight during xmas, or bug catching for summer activities. ( just small stuff like that)

With these updates, they also have things like lootboxes and other IAP items.. basically loot boxes will be tied to a seasonal event and will contain things like holiday exclusive house decoration or clothes and event pets and mounts..

With an opened world game they can do so much to monotize their IP

I like this idea.

User Info: Mushroom87

Mushroom87
8 months ago#38
Gotta love how people only read half my post, stay classy gamefaqs

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
8 months ago#39
Mushroom87 posted...
Gotta love how people only read half my post, stay classy gamefaqs

if you read your post you will know why nobody replied to the second part.

The first part is not relevant to the topic and the second is just hypothetical nonsense. Especially given the fact you know bethesda studios do not themselves develop those games. Bethesda have even came out and said they are not rushing into a new elder scrolls games because quite frankly they are bored constantly making them. They also stated they want to make different games and not just be the fallout/elder scrolls developers forever.

User Info: ErrorSupply

ErrorSupply
8 months ago#40
I bought and enjoyed all of those titles (at full price) except Wolfenstein 2.
3DS: 0731 - 4978 - 4269
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Bethesda will keep getting worse partly thanks to us

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived