If we get a Sonic Adventure 3 would you want it to play like SA1 or SA2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. If we get a Sonic Adventure 3 would you want it to play like SA1 or SA2?

User Info: Wario2255

Wario2255
7 months ago#1
SA1 or SA2? - Results (69 votes)
Sonic Adventure 1
46.38% (32 votes)
Sonic Adventure 2
53.62% (37 votes)
This poll is now closed.
SA1 had different character scenarios and a open world map while SA2 had two different paths with it switching characters every time a new level starts.

Wario2255
7 months ago#2
bump

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
7 months ago#3
I like the hub-world and how playing all the different characters all connected the story together in Adventure 1 better. Sure it wasn't perfect but it was a good idea. Adventure 2 scraps the hub-world and only gives us hero/dark stories. Plus I was never a fan of Tails/Eggman gameplay in Adventure 2. Chao Garden was an improvement in 2 but it really just took what was in 1's and added to it. Music was excellent in both games. Multiplayer addition to 2 was really fun.

Overall certain aspects of 1 are better and certain aspects of 2 are better. Adventure 1 edges out the win for me.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: nuclearratchet

nuclearratchet
7 months ago#4
Sonic 06 is SA3

Wario2255
7 months ago#5
SaturnSnowman posted...
I like the hub-world and how playing all the different characters all connected the story together in Adventure 1 better. Sure it wasn't perfect but it was a good idea. Adventure 2 scraps the hub-world and only gives us hero/dark stories. Plus I was never a fan of Tails/Eggman gameplay in Adventure 2. Chao Garden was an improvement in 2 but it really just took what was in 1's and added to it. Music was excellent in both games. Multiplayer addition to 2 was really fun.

Overall certain aspects of 1 are better and certain aspects of 2 are better. Adventure 1 edges out the win for me.

Yeah I agree on that.

User Info: Risa_Omomo

Risa_Omomo
7 months ago#6
We need an open-world Sonic game, but Sega can't figure out how to keep it from being too expensive to make.

Sonic '06 was supposed to be open-world, but it was barren and rushed. Management is too strict with schedules. They really don't want to spend too much time and money on it, hence we get short linear levels for every recent Sonic release.

Here's a related article:

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/20/sega-says-sonic-adventure-3-can-happen-can-evolve-advance-idea-sonic-game/

^ It's really a pathetic excuse if you ask me. They can, and WILL do it if they had a bigger budget like let's say... Rockstar or Bethesda. Just look at the Yakuza series. Full of buildings with lots of interactivity, but as a whole, it is a very small place. Sega just doesn't have the budget.
CFW Trick and Kotoko Utsugi's father are my idols.

User Info: Kazuya_80

Kazuya_80
7 months ago#7
SA, while technically the second game was less janky, the first game was more unique with gameplay types
(message deleted)

User Info: Ren2

Ren2
7 months ago#9
Neither, the idea of following the footsteps of those games needs to be buried.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
7 months ago#10
nuclearratchet posted...
Sonic 06 is SA3

This. It honestly is no less buggy or s*** than the Adventure games, either. If ever there was a case of nostalgia making a series seem better than it was its Sonic Adventure.

I play old games for every console and decade all the time, and I could play a PS1 or N64 era 3d title today for the first time and still enjoy it, but when I played the Advdntire series about a decade ago I could not believe how awful they were.

The games aren't bad but borderline unplayable. On top of that, even if you can stomach the controls and camera the only portions of the game that resemble something you might want to play is the hedgehog sections. The mech sections, flying Knuckles and Bat Girl sections, and the Bigs the cat sections are terrible.

And what's worse is it's own really the first stage of the hedgehog sections that are any good. The further in you get the harder or more complicated the level designs gets and combined with the broken camera and controls that's not a good then.

Sonic Adventure might be the worst video game that people actually cla is at least somewhat decent. Forget old school Tomb Raider or Resident Evil feeling a bit clunky and dated today. Sonic Adventure feels like it would have been clunky and dated the day it launched, as PS1 and 64 era titles had better level design, controls and cameras.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. If we get a Sonic Adventure 3 would you want it to play like SA1 or SA2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived