• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PS4 won't let me sign in with new PSN ID that I just made...

User Info: DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09
3 years ago#1
I used a different e-mail and set it up, verified through e-mail and all that. Go to sign in on my console and it asks for a verification code that's being sent to my phone. I get the text and put in the code, and then it says "Cannot sign in using another player's sign-in ID".

Uhm, I'm the other player. What is this s***?
All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

User Info: EternalWaltz

EternalWaltz
3 years ago#2
Did you decrypt the MD5#?
'there's gAmes.and then thars gaM3w.it's a lovable character;it's a lovable guy. and he nolan snaked on you. so hard. the snake was in you so hard.'-Proletarian

DesertPenguin09
3 years ago#3
No offense, but I think it would stand to reason that I have no idea what is if I'm having this kind of basic trouble.

Care to elaborate?

User Info: UnclePobatti

UnclePobatti
3 years ago#4
You can't update an existing PSN account to use a different set of PSN login details of another account, that would merge two accounts. You have to make a new local account and link that to the new ID instead.
(message deleted)

DesertPenguin09
3 years ago#6
UnclePobatti posted...
You can't update an existing PSN account to use a different set of PSN login details of another account, that would merge two accounts. You have to make a new local account and link that to the new ID instead.

I don't think I was updating an account, I was creating an entirely new one. With a new and different e-mail address as well.

DesertPenguin09
3 years ago#7
Nevermind, I figured it out, I made the other user for PS4 but didn't know how to switch over. Done and done, thanks though.

User Info: UnclePobatti

UnclePobatti
3 years ago#8
Lets say your local user is linked to account A. You can only use account A on that local account, so you can only change the email if account A's email has been changed, so the PS4 can still log in. If the email belongs to account B you can't use it except from a new seperate local user otherwise trophies and purchases would be merged.

User Info: OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha
3 years ago#9
You need to create a new user profile on the console, and then sign into PSN using the credentials for the new PSN account.
Arrakis and the entire universe will soon be in the hands of House Ordos.
The Spice must flow.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PS4 won't let me sign in with new PSN ID that I just made...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A