Wierd messages through PSN

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Wierd messages through PSN

User Info: ryandavison

ryandavison
1 year ago#1
Lately I've been getting some weird messages through PSN, they're are from random user accounts who don't have any trophies or nothing, the messages start pretty normal by saying the found your account through the PSN search function, and the gets weird by say he/she does private webcam shows and tries to get you to sign up to a free webcam site that asks for your credit card details, which of course I don't.

I have my main account, a US account and a Japanese account and I've received messages on both my US and Japanese accounts and now I've just received another one on my main account, they're are all basically the same virtually word by word, the only difference being the name of the account

anyone else been getting these
Best there is, The Best there was, The Best there ever will be

User Info: BurgerTime79

BurgerTime79
1 year ago#2
No.
I've been getting the ones that put you and a bunch of other people in the same chat group, and link you to a spam site claiming you can get free PSN gift cards.
RIP Keith Robinson. 9/9/1955 - 6/14/2017
Business partner, Blue Sky Ranger, Friend.

ryandavison
1 year ago#3
I haven't gotten them ones, but I think this is something Sony might want to look into, I know their is the privacy settings but not everyone wants to use them, like me I don't games messaging whether there on my friends list or not, but this is getting ridiculous, maybe in the next update Sony can add a feature to report accounts using the PS4

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
1 year ago#4
I got a weird message saying something like "Sorry I'm late hon" the other week. Just ignored it and moved on. Thats the only random message I've ever got.
Official engineer of the Bane Train on the Injustice 2 boards

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 year ago#5
I keep getting pulled into those random message board things.
PSN: captsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685

ryandavison
1 year ago#6
this is the third time over 3 different accounts, I've got I more account left, if that account gets the same message I'm going to change my privacy settings so only friends can message me, thankfully I've never had more than 1 message per account, but I barely use my US and Japanese accounts

User Info: nononoyesyesyes

nononoyesyesyes
1 year ago#7
are you still getting notifications?
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Messages-Glitch-No-Notifications-PS4-PC-PlayStation-Messages-App/td-p/46244055

User Info: Uncle_Drew

Uncle_Drew
1 year ago#8
Same, I got a message saying that they found me by doing a random psn search and that they wanted some one to talk to

After a couple a messages back and forth it seemed pretty stupid so I stopped responding
Cleveland Cavaliers - Champions
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ecNu2E_cYKQ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OiQnbBtyBWU

User Info: XxFreelancerxX

XxFreelancerxX
1 year ago#9
I got one of thoses like 2 days ago, told me they were a 22/f looking to chat through the psn app...i told them to gtfo and reported them as spam.
Psn: XThe-RenegadeX

User Info: dhampire1

dhampire1
1 year ago#10
A lot of players have been getting random messages from people saying they're girls. No trophies or anything.
It's been happening to thousands for like a month now
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Wierd messages through PSN

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived