• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. is extended storage Console locked or account locked?

User Info: Genesis_Draco

Genesis_Draco
4 years ago#1
I am going to get the PS4 pro this coming weekend. and I have the extended storage set on my soon to be old console. I am hoping I can input my account into the pro and the just plug in the extended storage and be on my way.

My internal on my current ps4 is 2Tb and the external is 4Tb. I want to trade out the 2tb in the old ps4 with the 1tb that comes with the pro.

any preferred suggestions on how best to go about this.
Pokemon Y FC 4854-6799-2798

User Info: Lamace

Lamace
4 years ago#2
You can use an external drive on any PS4, and the games will still be there. It won't automatically reformat like the internal drive.
RPG terms I use;
Traditional RPG, Advanced RPG, Action RPG, Strategy RPG, and Hybrid RPG

Genesis_Draco
4 years ago#3
So I can transfer all of my games to the extended storage, place my 2tb HDD into the pro console, go through the set up and reconnect the extended storage and start playing my games without having to redownload all of them?

User Info: Mimura

Mimura
4 years ago#4
yes, as long as the Pro is set to the same account, as well as properly disconnecting the hard drive before using it on another console, you're good

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/extendedstorage.html
Disconnecting extended storage devices

When you want to disconnect an extended storage device while your PS4™ system is on, use one of the following methods to ensure safe removal of the device.

Select [Sound/Devices] > [Stop Using Extended Storage] on the quick menu.
Select the extended storage device to disconnect in (Settings) > [Devices] > [USB Storage Devices], and then select [Stop Using This Extended Storage].

If you just unplug it without doing this, you won't be able to use it on the second console, and everything will appear as locked.
"Perhaps f*** off might be too kind."

User Info: LORDVADER110

LORDVADER110
4 years ago#5
Its account locked. Meaning to play them on a new PS4 you need to sign in with the same account.
Feel the power of the dark side. You smart mouths.

Genesis_Draco
4 years ago#6
Thank you that is wonderful news
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. is extended storage Console locked or account locked?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A