Mass Effect 10 hour impressions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Mass Effect 10 hour impressions

User Info: roo10158

roo10158
1 year ago#61
The story and writing of Mass Effect 3 outside of the ending is no better or worse than Mass Effect 2.
"Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. Their silence is your answer."
-Javik, Mass Effect 3

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#62
Gibberish5 posted...
An actual argument? That's the point. I don't need one. I can just enjoy it. Just like you don't need one to not enjoy it. But saying things like objectively bad for a subjective feeling and then setting up anyone who says they enjoy it as someone who only cares about flashy effects and dramatic music before you even hear their arguments or points just shows that you are coming from a biased position. And then you accuse me of trolling. Come on man.

You just proved my point. Sure, if you turn your brain off and ignore the actual writing, you can enjoy the flashy visuals and music. But the same could be said for something like Transformers. If you actually care about the plot, characters, and overall story that spans 3 entire games then the ending is indeed objectively horrible.

If what I'm saying isn't true then please provide an argument. Because I can easily point out dozens of massive issues with the ending like introducing a random and pointless character like the Star Child or how nonsensical the idea is of building a massive device to plug into a space station without having any idea what the device does while you were building it nor any indication that the original designers had any clue what it was going to do either. The Extended Cut only made things even worse like how the Normandy lands so you can have one final goodbye to your crew...even though a reaper is sitting right there the entire time and should have blown the ship up a hundred times over. But I guess one last soap opera scene with your romance option was more important than events actually making sense.

User Info: Gibberish5

Gibberish5
1 year ago#63
DaLagga posted...
Gibberish5 posted...
An actual argument? That's the point. I don't need one. I can just enjoy it. Just like you don't need one to not enjoy it. But saying things like objectively bad for a subjective feeling and then setting up anyone who says they enjoy it as someone who only cares about flashy effects and dramatic music before you even hear their arguments or points just shows that you are coming from a biased position. And then you accuse me of trolling. Come on man.

You just proved my point. Sure, if you turn your brain off and ignore the actual writing, you can enjoy the flashy visuals and music. But the same could be said for something like Transformers. If you actually care about the plot, characters, and overall story that spans 3 entire games then the ending is indeed objectively horrible.

If what I'm saying isn't true then please provide an argument. Because I can easily point out dozens of massive issues with the ending like introducing a random and pointless character like the Star Child or how nonsensical the idea is of building a massive device to plug into a space station without having any idea what the device does while you were building it nor any indication that the original designers had any clue what it was going to do either. The Extended Cut only made things even worse like how the Normandy lands so you can have one final goodbye to your crew...even though a reaper is sitting right there the entire time and should have blown the ship up a hundred times over. But I guess one last soap opera scene with your romance option was more important than events actually making sense.

And that is my point. I don't really see any point in engaging in a discussion with you because you are already so set in your ways and so condescending and dismissive of other viewpoints that you are already attacking someone for maybe thinking differently than you in a subjective matter.
The conclusions posters come to on this site, based on little to no actual facts, will slowly drive you mad. Leave now before it's to late.

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#64
Gibberish5 posted...
And that is my point. I don't really see any point in engaging in a discussion with you because you are already so set in your ways and so condescending and dismissive of other viewpoints that you are already attacking someone for maybe thinking differently than you in a subjective matter.

Basic writing standards and the existence of obvious plot holes are not subjective matters. All I did was point out a tiny handful of the many serious problems with the ending and you have yet to give me a reason why you think it's good from a story, character, or overall writing quality perspective.

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
1 year ago#65
Bump.
The Nintendo Switch has insane potential, Nintendo Japan just makes stupidly bad business decisions.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Mass Effect 10 hour impressions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived