Mass Effect 10 hour impressions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Mass Effect 10 hour impressions

User Info: roo10158

roo10158
1 year ago#11
BaldursGate posted...
Also another note, I was playing on Hardcore difficulty (Difficulties are Narrative, Casual, Normal, Hardcore and Insanity) and it's fairly challenging, but I recommend trying that out on your first playthrough, then lowering if you're having trouble.

RIP Veteran difficulty
"Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. Their silence is your answer."
-Javik, Mass Effect 3

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
1 year ago#12
roo10158 posted...
BaldursGate posted...
Also another note, I was playing on Hardcore difficulty (Difficulties are Narrative, Casual, Normal, Hardcore and Insanity) and it's fairly challenging, but I recommend trying that out on your first playthrough, then lowering if you're having trouble.

RIP Veteran difficulty

Grenade at War flashbacks.
The Nintendo Switch has insane potential, Nintendo Japan just makes stupidly bad business decisions.

User Info: MannerHatchery

MannerHatchery
1 year ago#13
I also did the 10 hour thing.

The facial animations were a real issue for me. They look really bad in some cases. Something is especially wrong with the lip sync for certain characters, and the creepy android-looking eyes....ech.

The voice acting was also really unimpressive. I'm not sure who they actually hired, but a lot of the characters had that "pulled a random volunteer from the team in to VA" feel. It felt stiff, and the writing for the dialogue can be pretty bad.

All that aside, I had fun with the game. Combat felt nice. If the overall plot holds up, that will outweigh some bad voice acting and writing for me. If game has a good amount of meat to it as far as exploration/side quests, I can definitely see myself considering this a "very good" game, despite the flaws.

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#14
I'm not sure how it's possible to think that the writing is any good. Conversations feel unbelievably disjointed and unnatural and many of the voice actors are bland or sub par - especially for a so called "AAA" game.

https://youtu.be/FGs-pLmDd1s?t=14m24s

It looks like you're talking to a robot who is mindlessly reading programmed dialog written by a 6th grader. Crap like this would just completely suck me out of the experience and it really goes to show just how far Bioware has fallen.

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
1 year ago#15
DaLagga posted...
I'm not sure how it's possible to think that the writing is any good. Conversations feel unbelievably disjointed and unnatural and many of the voice actors are bland or sub par - especially for a so called "AAA" game.

https://youtu.be/FGs-pLmDd1s?t=14m24s

It looks like you're talking to a robot who is mindlessly reading programmed dialog written by a 6th grader. Crap like this would just completely suck me out of the experience and it really goes to show just how far Bioware has fallen.

I'm only 10 hours into the game, basically 1-2 hours multi, 1 hour total idle, so I haven't gone through much dialogue yet.
The Nintendo Switch has insane potential, Nintendo Japan just makes stupidly bad business decisions.

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
1 year ago#16
BaldursGate posted...

Thanks for the info, I hadn't really even thought about what difficulty yet
"While you were wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I was systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!" -The Monarch

User Info: Perfect Light

Perfect Light
1 year ago#17
The early access demo ends after an hour or so. How did you guys play multiple hours?
Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn
Waiting: Mass Effect Andromeda, Prey, Red Dead Redemption 2, Spider-Man

User Info: ironman2009

ironman2009
1 year ago#18
Perfect Light posted...
The early access demo ends after an hour or so. How did you guys play multiple hours?

EA Access probably.

also, thanks for the post TC, i appreciate your well put thoughts.
I challenge you to a rap battle

User Info: BenjaMan64

BenjaMan64
1 year ago#19
Thanks for sharing your experience. I too think that we should wait before judging the new ME, even if initial impressions aren't universally positive.
HE'S WATCHING YOU

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#20
BaldursGate posted...
I'm only 10 hours into the game, basically 1-2 hours multi, 1 hour total idle, so I haven't gone through much dialogue yet.

That might be why. Sounds like another ME3 where the main story and writing is all horrible but the MP ends up being good.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Mass Effect 10 hour impressions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived