• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PSA: Your PSN account has no security

User Info: pinheadhell

pinheadhell
4 years ago#1
Not a troll topic by any means, just a heads up.

On March 3rd, I received some "Sub account created" messages in my e-mail. (I was away from my PS4, travelling for work)

When I logged into my account on PSN site I saw that there were four sub account under my main account.

For those who don't know, those sub accounts can share the funds of your main (master) account.

All those sub account were created with @yopmail, obviously someone had hacked me.

This is the first time it happens to me in 7+ years using PSN.

On Monday, I've opened a ticket with Sony support to get those sub accounts deleted and they gave a 48 hour period to get it resolved, which I didn't receive a reply until now.

To my surprise, I've turned on my PS4 today and saw that I'm locked out of Horizon Zero Dawn, Sniper Elite 4 and Infamous second son, that is at least a $120 loss (Yes, I'm set as the primary user)

I've setup the 2-step verification and changed my PSN password but now I've lost all faith in Sony support and security.

User Info: PotatoTears

PotatoTears
4 years ago#2
pinheadhell posted...
I've setup the 2-step verification and changed my PSN password but now I've lost all faith in Sony support and security.

Did you not have this on initially? if so, thats mostlikely why you were hacked.

This was made a while ago because their security wasn't good and your account essentially needed that 2 step to be secure ( not yours I mean everyones in general - it was an added security method that they've pushed as being core ) -

and based on what I've seen, its pretty obvious without having that on people get hacked left and right.

If you did have it on, can't say - I had someone try to get in to mine too, thanks to 2-step -- there were like 25 attempts in a span of 2 minutes trying to log in, but couldn't get the code sent.

User Info: Max58201

Max58201
4 years ago#3
you are lying about 2 step verification being activated or else this would have been impossible you can't even look at your account funny without your phone present
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples

User Info: pinheadhell

pinheadhell
4 years ago#4
Max58201 posted...
you are lying about 2 step verification being activated or else this would have been impossible you can't even look at your account funny without your phone present

What? I didn't have it activated until I was hacked...

User Info: TheRobber

TheRobber
4 years ago#5
pinheadhell posted...
and saw that I'm locked out of Horizon Zero Dawn, Sniper Elite 4 and Infamous second son, that is at least a $120 loss

Physical > digital

User Info: ChaoticKnuckles

ChaoticKnuckles
4 years ago#6
pinheadhell posted...
Not a troll topic by any means, just a heads up.

On March 3rd, I received some "Sub account created" messages in my e-mail. (I was away from my PS4, travelling for work)

When I logged into my account on PSN site I saw that there were four sub account under my main account.

For those who don't know, those sub accounts can share the funds of your main (master) account.

All those sub account were created with @yopmail, obviously someone had hacked me.

This is the first time it happens to me in 7+ years using PSN.

On Monday, I've opened a ticket with Sony support to get those sub accounts deleted and they gave a 48 hour period to get it resolved, which I didn't receive a reply until now.

To my surprise, I've turned on my PS4 today and saw that I'm locked out of Horizon Zero Dawn, Sniper Elite 4 and Infamous second son, that is at least a $120 loss (Yes, I'm set as the primary user)

I'm sorry but how exactly is it Sony's fault that someone got a hold of your log in info and made four sub accounts? Unless Sony themselves were hacked it's not on them. Use different passwords everywhere and make them good passwords and this sort of thing doesn't happen.

Also when are people going to learn to not leave money in their online wallets and not set it up to automatically fund itself if there isn't enough money to cover a purchase? The extra security you get from not having any accounts tied to your PSN ID is seriously worth the extra minute or two it takes to add one when you want to make a purchase. I never have any accounts linked to my PSN ID. Even if someone were to gain access they couldn't buy anything because I only add a money source when I'm about to buy something and I delete it immediately after.
Open to suggestions for a new sig.

User Info: Max58201

Max58201
4 years ago#7
pinheadhell posted...
Max58201 posted...

What? I didn't have it activated until I was hacked...

ah I misheard... either way this is on you than because with 2 step verification its next to impossible to get hacked
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
(message deleted)

User Info: BroDudeJaggies

BroDudeJaggies
4 years ago#9
Lol Another butt devasted pony.

First Zelda and now this

User Info: boomstickbhg

boomstickbhg
4 years ago#10
Well maybe your account wasn't secure, but that's your own fault.
I make a lot of mistake, but I tend to ignore them until they go away, like illegitimate children.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PSA: Your PSN account has no security
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A