• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. BOOST PRO LIST Thread, on going tests *Tag request*

User Info: bmouse6

bmouse6
10 months ago#231
skermac posted...
bmouse6 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
3rd-Dagree posted...
Glad to see how people are finally understanding how important is 60fps

boost mode does not make games run at 60fps.

It does help with fps drops though.

Stable 30 fps is just as good

Unless the game has an unlocked framerate.
PSN: bmouse
The thrown rose is only significant in it's insignificance.

User Info: Joeydollaz

Joeydollaz
10 months ago#232
Any game with a "unlocked framerate"make sure to turn it ON because Boost mode will make it amazing

the games flowing at a higher steady motion delivers great gameplay.
YEAR OF 4

User Info: Moegitto

Moegitto
10 months ago#233
Boost mode has been a god send in FF14, I could care less about 4K even though I have a 4K TV but my lord is it a night and day difference in towns and in dungeons.
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121

User Info: AmIAwake

AmIAwake
10 months ago#234
I bought a Pro not for the games that we have right now but for the ones that are coming. Pretty sure i will have the better Last of us 2, Death Stranding, Spiderman experience compared with those with a regular PS4 (framerate,graphics).

But yet again, i'm a sucker for that kind of things.

User Info: stevieb1234567

stevieb1234567
9 months ago#235
I found out that hdr doesnt work with agents of mayhem when boost mode is active. It crashes the game. Turn boost mode off.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

User Info: sliusarek

sliusarek
9 months ago#236
Joeydollaz posted...
Breastmilkn_Dip posted...
Just adding a post here due to recently upgrading (slightly against my better judgment) to a Pro. Even with a decent 4K TV, HDR, etc, etc, I'm struggling to see what the fuss is about so far, tbh.

You have to be into Graphics ALOT to be into these things, some people just play don't even go to
settings of their TVs or Consoles, lets honest here PRO 4K HDR 60fps it is for a very specific type of gamer.

I mean, I am not a technology guy but I have noticed the difference in color and stable FPS, everything just seems to be a bit easier on the eyes. But yeah, this difference is not worthy of 400$. Pro is a good choice when your basic PS4 dies but if yours is fully working then there's absolutely no need. As of 4K, to me it looks like the difference between 1080p and 4k is the same as 720p and 1080p - minimal. I haven't heard of 4K until Sony and Microsoft started talking about it, but they made a fuss and sold the same console twice because of it - oh well.
Wake me up when 8-10k comes in.

If one wants graphics, they need to build a computer and upgrade it every year or two. That's the only way.

User Info: stevieb1234567

stevieb1234567
9 months ago#237
U know the human eye after 4k has a hard time telling the difference.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
9 months ago#238
sliusarek posted...
Joeydollaz posted...
Breastmilkn_Dip posted...
Just adding a post here due to recently upgrading (slightly against my better judgment) to a Pro. Even with a decent 4K TV, HDR, etc, etc, I'm struggling to see what the fuss is about so far, tbh.

You have to be into Graphics ALOT to be into these things, some people just play don't even go to
settings of their TVs or Consoles, lets honest here PRO 4K HDR 60fps it is for a very specific type of gamer.

I mean, I am not a technology guy but I have noticed the difference in color and stable FPS, everything just seems to be a bit easier on the eyes. But yeah, this difference is not worthy of 400$. Pro is a good choice when your basic PS4 dies but if yours is fully working then there's absolutely no need. As of 4K, to me it looks like the difference between 1080p and 4k is the same as 720p and 1080p - minimal. I haven't heard of 4K until Sony and Microsoft started talking about it, but they made a fuss and sold the same console twice because of it - oh well.
Wake me up when 8-10k comes in.

If one wants graphics, they need to build a computer and upgrade it every year or two. That's the only way.

8k is already nearby

User Info: MikuXII

MikuXII
9 months ago#239
Hello!
Just got a pro last night, first impression is the the transfer time from slim to pro was grueling. Transferring 500gb from my og to slim took less than 2 hours using direct connection l, but from the slim to pro i had to connect them using a router.
Other than, playing MHW now and i don't see much difference and i have boost mode, supersamplimg and Framerate mode in the game ticked on.
What are some games that take advantage of the pro? I'm looking fkrward to start playing the witcher 3 again as it looked beautiful on the slim.

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
9 months ago#240
In the interests of fairness, since my original post above in April I've been playing FFXV (again) for the last month. The game's as crap as always but graphically the Pro has made a big difference from when I played the game on a stock PS4 at launch in 2016.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. BOOST PRO LIST Thread, on going tests *Tag request*
  • Topic Archived