• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. BOOST PRO LIST Thread, on going tests *Tag request*

User Info: Chrischris907

Chrischris907
2 years ago#11
Wow if framerate is so important, why not just get a pc? Oh yea because of buyers remorse. Oh yea buying a new console for minor framerates boosts is totally worth it.
http://www.thejimquisition.com /the-best-of-gamefaqs-uncharted-4quantum-break-temper-tantrum/ Remove the space after .com

User Info: TinTin700

TinTin700
2 years ago#12
Enjoy your 3-5fps boost.
Keeping it real.

User Info: TyrantLowKey

TyrantLowKey
2 years ago#13
^i think you are missing the point. It's the steady frame rate that makes a huge difference. That said I got a pro because I needed a PS4 so all of this is a bonus at best. My favorite feature really is the external. Now I can finally play arkham knight and gtav in short bursts since I'll have them on my external.
Top Games: FFX Int, FFXIII, Shdw Hrts gms, SMT: Noctrn, BD (3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, ToH R, ToB, [FFT WotL, TO] PSP, Xenogears, Chrno Trigr, ARF (Wii), LO (360)

TinTin700
2 years ago#14
TyrantLowKey posted...
^i think you are missing the point. It's the steady frame rate that makes a huge difference. That said I got a pro because I needed a PS4 so all of this is a bonus at best. My favorite feature really is the external. Now I can finally play arkham knight and gtav in short bursts since I'll have them on my external.

True if you're PRO owner already it is nice bonus, does make you think why Sony didn't implement from start. However as Base owner I don't see it worth it to upgrade just for said bonus.
Keeping it real.

User Info: Solis

Solis
2 years ago#15
I'm really glad to see this topic. While I'd still like to see a more accurate Digital Foundry comparison for some games, this is a wonderful resource for seeing what games benefit most.

TinTin700 posted...
TyrantLowKey posted...

True if you're PRO owner already it is nice bonus, does make you think why Sony didn't implement from start. However as Base owner I don't see it worth it to upgrade just for said bonus.

Given that some games seem to have problems with crashing/performance which may be related to the Boost mode, it's likely that they didn't want to risk adding the feature until it got to a fair point of compatibility and stability. Right now it seems to the point where there's a massive benefit in exchange for some minor issues.

For me it was worth the cost of upgrading, but I appreciate being able to play games with superior technical assets when possible whereas other people may not appreciate the difference as much.
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review

User Info: LyamKyen

LyamKyen
2 years ago#16
Want to know if PvZ2 garden warfare is better with boost ?
www.GVAddiktz.com

User Info: Joeydollaz

Joeydollaz
2 years ago#17
TinTin700 posted...
Enjoy your 3-5fps boost.

someone let Tin know that Rainbow Six reaches 110 FPS max, 75fps Min

read lower left corner the FPS counter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaoGjDcw1oI

this aint no E-ram crap boost like the "other guy-S".....

this is true boost power unleashed
YEAR OF 4

Joeydollaz
2 years ago#18
Chrischris907 posted...
Wow if framerate is so important, why not just get a pc? Oh yea because of buyers remorse. Oh yea buying a new console for minor framerates boosts is totally worth it.

This is about gaming performance, framerate n stability its a big part of gameplay....

boost mode clearly

1-fixes framerate issues, tearing issues, framerate pacing

2-decreases load times, this is more than what you think

3-any game that had a unlocked framerate will go beyond, look at rainbow six hitting 110FPS

4-any game that has a locked 60 or 30 will hit them steadily

dont down play this like is a small thing, who knows what the final form of this feature will deliver.
YEAR OF 4

TinTin700
2 years ago#19
Joeydollaz posted...

Well I got PS4 for exclusives for everything else its on played on PC @ max graphics and max settings @4K so yeah....

Just saying.
Keeping it real.

Joeydollaz
2 years ago#20
TinTin700 posted...
Joeydollaz posted...

Well I got PS4 for exclusives for everything else its on played on PC @ max graphics and max settings @4K so yeah....

Just saying.

what's your point?, if this makes Rainbox six hit 110FPS applaud them

dont come here acting like this is a small e-ram fiasco, with that post you made you came here not even realizing the true effects.

Boost Mode isn't some minimal effect, its an effective feature.

who cares about PC, this is the PS4 board.

Just saying.
YEAR OF 4
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. BOOST PRO LIST Thread, on going tests *Tag request*
  • Topic Archived