• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So how is PS VR? Is the Screen quality resolution good?

User Info: gfaqster

gfaqster
2 years ago#1
I want actual footage of the PS Vr screen but haven't seen any of it.
Just how good does the screen look?
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-

User Info: Tajaz2426

Tajaz2426
2 years ago#2
It's an OLED screen, I think it looks decent, nothing to write home to mom about. I believe it is 960x1080p in each eye equaling 1920x1080. Screen resolution is one of the reasons of a high cost or low cost of a system

The screen is below the VIve and Rift, but not that much behind. I have a VIve and the difference is there, but nothing crazy.

The headset by far is the most comfortable, as my VIve leaves marks on my nugget. The PSVR sets differently on your head and locks out the light, damn good.

I ha e movies and played games in 2D with it and it is ok, the bigger screen the more you can tell the difference. Hope this helps, bud.

You aren't going to get any footage through the actual screen, that would be difficult. I guess it could happen, though.
PSN/STEAM- Tajaz11
GT- Hutch2426, or Tajaz2426 (this is a new one I just started, my kid took over Hutch2426)

User Info: gfaqster

gfaqster
2 years ago#3
Tajaz2426 posted...
It's an OLED screen, I think it looks decent, nothing to write home to mom about. I believe it is 960x1080p in each eye equaling 1920x1080. Screen resolution is one of the reasons of a high cost or low cost of a system

The screen is below the VIve and Rift, but not that much behind. I have a VIve and the difference is there, but nothing crazy.

The headset by far is the most comfortable, as my VIve leaves marks on my nugget. The PSVR sets differently on your head and locks out the light, damn good.

I ha e movies and played games in 2D with it and it is ok, the bigger screen the more you can tell the difference. Hope this helps, bud.

You aren't going to get any footage through the actual screen, that would be difficult. I guess it could happen, though.

Well my LED HDTV is 1080p and ps4 games look great on it so if the PS VR is the same resolution why were so many topics saying stuff about blurriness low resolution?

I thought it was like 720p or something lol this is great news.
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-

User Info: KinjoTakemura

KinjoTakemura
2 years ago#4
The resolution is lower than 1080p that much cannot be denied.

The 960 x 1080 is just technical PR talk. The resolution of this device is somewhere above 900p and it is definitely not 1080p.

With that said, the lower resolution does not take anything away from the experience as a whole. The "out of body" immersion is there regardless of the resolution.
"When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger. - Confucius"

Tajaz2426
2 years ago#5
The blurriness is usually from not having it on right. What they could be talking about is games are polished like they are on the PS4 and the biggest reason is they have to lower settings to get the smooth 60fps.

Sony is very adamant about it staying at a smooth 60fps. Some developers are more talented than others. Batman VR looks the same as about a PS3 game. The PS4 isn't that powerful so there will settings changed to keep the smooth FPS.

It is a fun and great little toy for my kids, wife, and I. We order 2, one for my PC desk and 1 for our family room/ man-land.
PSN/STEAM- Tajaz11
GT- Hutch2426, or Tajaz2426 (this is a new one I just started, my kid took over Hutch2426)

Tajaz2426
2 years ago#6
KinjoTakemura posted...

The 960 x 1080 is just technical PR talk. The resolution of this device is somewhere above 900p and it is definitely not 1080p.

With that said, the lower resolution does not take anything away from the experience as a whole. The "out of body" immersion is there regardless of the resolution.

No it's not 1080p, it is 960x1080 per eye, however when brought together through the headset is close. I hunk most folks are getting confused because developers have to lower setting techniques for the 60 FPS.

However, you are exactly correct, that it isn't true 1080p.

Like I said in another post, the looks of the game are not mind blowing, but as you said the immersion is absolutely cool and I love being apart of new things like this. I am even excited, although I have a VIve. It makes me hope that Microsoft will go the route of VR too.

All of us gamers being able to share this neat experience.
PSN/STEAM- Tajaz11

User Info: trapspringer

trapspringer
2 years ago#7
KinjoTakemura posted...

I agree here. Although the resolution is on the low end, the sum of the experience is really greater than its parts. The immersion really does not seem to take a hit.

The "cartoony" or polygon like environments are the most immersive because you are not focused on the resolution of things at all and basically, they are not so noticeable in those type of games. Games like Job simulator is probably the most immersive and you feel like you are in some sort of cartoon.
It's all Master Vandar's fault! He's holding me back!

User Info: Solis

Solis
2 years ago#8
gfaqster posted...
Well my LED HDTV is 1080p and ps4 games look great on it so if the PS VR is the same resolution why were so many topics saying stuff about blurriness low resolution?

Because that 1080p HDTV isn't being stretched across a 100 degree FOV (unless you literally put your face up to the screen), and the resolution isn't being cut in half for each eye.
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review

User Info: thierminator

thierminator
2 years ago#9
would you recommend it if you only want to play games not created for the VR? But use it as a second TV
?

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
2 years ago#10
just curious here .is that the reason they are hinting you really need a 4ktv for this
Gamefaqs. the place were grammar and english is more important then talking about video games .people ignoring me for that reason PRICELESS. ok by OTACON120
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So how is PS VR? Is the Screen quality resolution good?
  • Topic Archived