• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. [Unofficial] Playstation VR Message Board

User Info: turnip55

turnip55
3 years ago#41
So luckily I was able to pick up my PlayStation VR 3 days before release day but I still haven't had much time to play. The games I currently own are PS VR Worlds, Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood and Here They Lie. But I'd like a game with a bit of replayability. I've tried the demos for both Rigs and Battlezone but neither one were extensive enough to confirm a purchase.

So what would people suggest out of the two?

Also the multiplayer (Co op) in Battlezone, is it matchmaking or is it based on a player hosting a game for a friend? As no one else I know owns a PS VR so I'd have no one to team up with.

Thanks in advance

User Info: mninp

mninp
3 years ago#42
As far as single player goes, you won't find much with a lot of replayability. Until Dawn has a good amount though, like going for all the Collectibles as well as 4 difficulty settings and various alternate paths you can take on each level. Tumble VR is pretty fun and takes up a lot of time trying to go for all medals.

To be honest, most of the replayability for VR games is going to come out of trying to get all the trophies. We're not at that point yet where VR has 40 hour+ single player games.

I can't comment on Battlezone since I've only played the demo.
Games I'm looking forward to: Super Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 2.5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: RykoLibre

RykoLibre
3 years ago#43
My educated forecast on how this will pan out based on reading various articles; my market background; etc.:

Playstation VR feels different than other console gaming gimics over the years (Move, 3D, Kinect, etc.). It is thus far selling very well; word of mouth is strong and Sony is already making a profit from each sale.

Everyone I've seen try VR for the first time comes away very impressed. It's that feeling many of us had transitioning from Super Mario World to Mario 64. There's a generation leap that is very evident to the consumer.

I think as early adopters we are funding the future of gaming right now. We are going to get a hell of a lot of good experiences out of this in the meantime. Likely by the end of the PS4 life cycle I foresee maybe a total of 3 to 5 million sales.

I think the technology cost is going to come way down come time the PS5 is released. I think our current VR devices will be able to transition from the PS4 to the PS5 (assuming they are still intact / functioning) but there will be a better version available at that time (higher resolution and more bells and whistles). If I had to guess, VR will be a large emphasis of the PS5 but not a requirement (PS5 will likely cost $400 by itself or $600 with a VR bundle).

This is not the playstation move / Kinect. Playstation VR does what it advertises and very few are disappointed when they put on the helm. This is the future of gaming / entertainment. Many developers have been waiting on the sidelines to see what the initial reactions are like. Given the current positive buzz and strong sales; I think we can anticipate some full length killer app games over the next couple of years.

Playstation VR looks very probable to be a success (3 to 5 million sales of a $400 accessory is everything Sony could have asked for).
(message deleted)

User Info: MrSpaM111

MrSpaM111
3 years ago#45
I would suggest trying the demo for Thumper
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
3 years ago#46
mninp posted...
when I move my head it's almost like I'm pulling the screen with me, and then it slightly glitches out back in position

Sounds like a tracking issue. If you currently have your camera below your TV, try attaching it to the top. A top mounted camera gives it a much better angle to work from and really works wonders.
Hillary For Prison 2016

User Info: MrSpaM111

MrSpaM111
3 years ago#47
I've found moving closer to the camera has helped with drifting and tracking issues

My set up has my tv placed about 8 ft from my sofa and I was having issues with the screen drifting to the left. Last night I decided to just put a chair in the middle of the room about 5ft from the camera and it's completely eliminated the drifting and wobbling, and the dualshock tracking is a lot better now.

I'd suggest giving this a try if you are having any issues
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628

tzuyd
3 years ago#48
For anyone wondering about the optimal play distance, I recommend the Job Simulator demo - its idea of calibration forces you to walk inside a circle, instead of you telling the game where you are like how every other game does it. It's the s***tiest calibration I've seen in any PSVR title, but it does show exactly where the best spot for you to be playing EVERY game is.
Hillary For Prison 2016
(edited 3 years ago)
tzuyd posted...
For anyone wondering about the optimal play distance, I recommend the Job Simulator demo - its idea of calibration forces you to walk inside a circle, instead of you telling the game where you are like how every other game does it. It's the s***tiest calibration I've seen in any PSVR title, but it does show exactly where the best spot for you to be playing EVERY game is.

Arkham Knight VR has the better calibration. It requires that you stand on the same kind of circle (a bat signal this time) AND it requires that your head is within a calibration box.

This will give you the perfect distance and height. I measured the distance and it is 6.5 feet away and my height setting is about 5.5 feet (I'm 6'0)

I initially thought that this was a special orientation for Batman, it turns out that all my other PSVR games have benefitted from this adjustment.
XBL/PSN(PS3,PS4&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK)6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer

tzuyd
3 years ago#50
That does sound useful, I haven't played Batman. But I'd still recommend JS because the demo is free.
Hillary For Prison 2016
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. [Unofficial] Playstation VR Message Board
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Answers