• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What security torx screwdriver do i need for the ps4?

User Info: vinhamon

vinhamon
2 years ago#1
Is it t9? Im trying to clean up the fan and stuff

User Info: xxnike0629xx

xxnike0629xx
2 years ago#2
vinhamon posted...

It's not worth opening it.
Assuming you regularly clean your home and maybe have an air purifier running you should be okay.
PSN: xxnike629xx
Dell XPS 8900, i5-6400 3.3 GHz, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32GB, EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5, Pioneer BDR-2209

User Info: wiseguy100

wiseguy100
2 years ago#3
Ignore that guy. The PS4 does get filthy inside no matter how clean your home.

Yes you need a T9, but only the Torx security drivers work (the ones with a little hole in the centre of the end).

User Info: Jamez

Jamez
2 years ago#4
xxnike0629xx posted...
vinhamon posted...

It's not worth opening it.
Assuming you regularly clean your home and maybe have an air purifier running you should be okay.

Completely disagree. It's absolutely worth opening it, as the fan pulls in dust, no matter what, over time. My PS4 has been damn near silent for the past 3 months since opening it up and cleaning out the internals. It sounded like a jet taking off prior to that.

TC, just follow this guide: http://imgur.com/gallery/UGxHR

Also, I was able to easily take the torx screws out with a small flathead screwdriver. Just apply some pressure inwards as you turn the screw and they'll come right out without a hitch.
http://psnprofiles.com/MapleStory
Owner of the GameFAQs community on PSN. Just search it on PS4 or PM me for an invite.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What security torx screwdriver do i need for the ps4?
  • Topic Archived