• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So any chance of Dead Rising 3 coming to PS4?

User Info: DRzCalderon

DRzCalderon
4 years ago#1
They confirmed evey Dead Rising game (Excluding the stand alone Case Zero and Case West) of being remastered to current gen. I loved and played all of them. And Dead Rising 3 was fun as hell during the small time I had an Xbox One.

Does anyone know if DR3 is a lifetime exclusive? I couldn't ever imagine playing DR1 again after 10 years and now I will be able to. Is there a chance for DR3?
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
4 years ago#2
Hard to say. We don't know what their contract with MS is like. I'd speculate it won't come anytime soon, though.
You can't control dick. I'm a roof baby now.

User Info: 3D3

3D3
4 years ago#3
Yeah a little frustrating because I really wanted 3 more than the other 2.
Not changing this sig until I get a hug from Jessica Nigri. started 6/22/2015

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
4 years ago#4
Since we are talking about Capcom here...When the F*** are they gonna remaster Dragon's Dogma: DA for the PS4/XBO ?
Sure, I'll take Dead Rising 1&2, even though I already own those games for XB 360 &/or PS3...but I would much rather have DD:DA remastered.
C'mon Capcom, you already remastered it for PC, why not PS4/XBO..?

vigorm0rtis
4 years ago#5
shawnmck posted...
Since we are talking about Capcom here...When the F*** are they gonna remaster Dragon's Dogma: DA for the PS4/XBO ?

Capcom doesn't consider DD a success, why would they? The dumbassery at Capcom around that game completely boggles the mind.

shawnmck
4 years ago#6
vigorm0rtis posted...
shawnmck posted...

Capcom doesn't consider DD a success, why would they? The dumbassery at Capcom around that game completely boggles the mind.

Yet they are making a sequel to Dead Rising 3, which only sold about 1.7 million copies...whereas Dragon's Dogma sold more than 2-million copies.
Also, Dead Rising 1 & 2 didn't sell all that well either...yet they are remastering it. Heck, its the reason why they ported RE4 over to PS2, and Capcom has no problem remastering that game over & over again.
Where is the logic? Nevermind, its Capcom we are talking about, they have no logic.

vigorm0rtis
4 years ago#7
shawnmck posted...

Yet they are making a sequel to Dead Rising 3, which only sold about 1.7 million copies...whereas Dragon's Dogma sold more than 2-million copies.
Where is the logic?

I can't figure it myself. Maybe they're not operating under their 'if it doesn't sell 2 million, it's not a success' policy that turned DD from a surprise hit into a disappointment... then a success again, or did they not factor in Dark Arisen? It's incomprehensible.

Might be that the fact that DR3 sold that well without the PS4 base, they figure they can put up some big numbers with it.

shawnmck
4 years ago#8
BTW
I have DR3 on XBO, and I personally consider it the best Dead Rising game of the series.
Whether or not Capcom will port it over to the PS4 isn't known, but I kinda doubt it. But again, I don't know, so it may or may not happen. Only time will tell. Nobody knows except Capcom, and they aren't talking.

User Info: Kenaue

Kenaue
4 years ago#9
If they do it, it will probably be a few mo the before the PD4 version of DR4 to drum up some more talk about the game.

User Info: Reala

Reala
4 years ago#10
vigorm0rtis posted...
shawnmck posted...

Where is the logic?

I can't figure it myself. Maybe they're not operating under their 'if it doesn't sell 2 million, it's not a success' policy that turned DD from a surprise hit into a disappointment... then a success again, or did they not factor in Dark Arisen? It's incomprehensible.

Might be that the fact that DR3 sold that well without the PS4 base, they figure they can put up some big numbers with it.

That sounds about right.
1.7 million as an exclusive to the weaker console.
Add PS4 and it could get up to 5 million.

DD had 2 million on 2 consoles. It may have sold a bit more, but it clearly didn't perform as well considering how big their audience was.
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
Shenmue III - December 2017
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So any chance of Dead Rising 3 coming to PS4?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A