• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Apple earbuds wont work on PS4, just horrible buzzing sound.
BrownGotti 5 years ago#11
The internal wires of the Apple ear buds are crossed which creates the problem. Get the Amazon earbuds which are the apple style and they work perfectly.
april_20th 5 years ago#12
Tigercml posted...
Hopelllesss posted...
Apple.

There's your problem.
KittyBillionair 5 years ago#13
april_20th posted...
Tigercml posted...
Hopelllesss posted...
Apple.

There's your problem.

^ neckbeardo basement dweller response

apple makes mostly excellent products
crazyman32 5 years ago#14
nononoyesyesyes posted...
youve upset your neighbors with excessively inconsiderate loud gaming sessions...
you finally opted for the neighborly approach and got headphones...
but too late for you, with their ire they bought a CB radio and are taking you to task.

maybe they bought a mosquito instead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJLAJLcOyS8

https://youtu.be/P6wH0VNZFMc
I used to care but now I take a pill for that
2saintlovature 5 years ago#15
Yeah, they've never worked. Idk if the XXXX solution does tho, never tried that
volanin 5 years ago#16
There are two types of Apple headphones: the old EarBuds (up to iPhone 4s if I am not mistaken), and the newer EarPods (iPhone 5 and beyond). The old EarBuds work perfectly fine, but the new EarPods are NOT compatible with the DualShock 4 headphone jack. When using the new EarPods, you will hear the sound normally, and an annoying buzz whenever you talk.

To prevent this annoyance, since the last update, Sony disabled ALL Apple headphones. When you plug one, the "mic connected" message appears, but a couple seconds later, it is disconnected, and the mic won't work. You will only be able to hear the sounds, just like a mic-less headphone.

To bypass this, just plug and unplug the Apple headphone quickly four or five times, as this will "confuse" the detection and allow the mic in the headphones to stay connected. But since you probably have the new EarPods (as most people do), the experience will not be so good.
jameswann64 5 years ago#17
KittyBillionair posted...
april_20th posted...
Tigercml posted...
Hopelllesss posted...
Apple.

There's your problem.

^ neckbeardo basement dweller response

apple makes mostly excellent products

Not there earbuds, they're complete garbage, sound quality is bad and they don't stay in your ears.
LuminescentRule 5 years ago#18
Mine works great for just listening. The mic doesn't work though.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Apple earbuds wont work on PS4, just horrible buzzing sound.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A