• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So...how is 7 Days to Die?

User Info: BCJMU99

BCJMU99
3 years ago#1
On the fence about picking this up...was wondering from the folks that have been playing it the last day or so, how they like it? Is it playable solo?
Gamertag & PSN: TheCrenshaw
Currently Playing: The Division(XB1), MLB 16, and The Witcher 3(PS4)

User Info: handsz

handsz
3 years ago#2
I'll tell you in 7 days...

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
3 years ago#3
Bad on ps4. Terrible draw distance and textures resolution.

Great on pc. Great graphics and draw distance.
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
"The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door."

User Info: Lucifer777

Lucifer777
3 years ago#4
Depends, I'll list pros and cons, but be aware I'm kinda biased because I love survival games that make you think for yourself:

Do you like crafting? Like, a lot? Because a lot of this game's charm has to deal with the crafting of items and fortifying bases/building bases/etc. There's also a strong survival element and very little hand-holding. You'll have a steep learning curve, but to me it was worth it. There's a brief tutorial at the beginning, but not much else, you'll have to experiment and read item descriptions to get by.

Are you a graphics whore? Do you scream "60 FPS 1080P 50 BAJILLION MEGALOTTATONS OF GRAPHICAL FIDELITY OR IT'S GARBAGE!"? If so, steer clear, because this is not the game for you. It looks bad, the draw distance is short, and the textures aren't that great.

If you want pretty good survival gameplay (and one of the very few options on PS4 for such a thing) and can overlook the visuals, you'll probably like it. Take each opinion with a grain of salt, and make your own judgement. I'd suggest watching people stream it to get a good opinion.

As for can you play it solo, absolutely. The custom rulesets allow you to tweak a ton of game options to get the game the way you want it, and make it as challenging or as easy as you'd like. I finished day 7 last night and had a blast with it all day, I streamed it for over 13 hours on my usual off-day, I enjoyed it so much.
"wait what? no disabled pansexual demiqueer genderfluid non-binary character who identifies as helicopterkin? im so triggered!!" TinTin700

User Info: Lost_All_Senses

Lost_All_Senses
3 years ago#5
Lucifer777 posted...
Depends, I'll list pros and cons, but be aware I'm kinda biased because I love survival games that make you think for yourself:

Do you like crafting? Like, a lot? Because a lot of this game's charm has to deal with the crafting of items and fortifying bases/building bases/etc. There's also a strong survival element and very little hand-holding. You'll have a steep learning curve, but to me it was worth it. There's a brief tutorial at the beginning, but not much else, you'll have to experiment and read item descriptions to get by.

Are you a graphics whore? Do you scream "60 FPS 1080P 50 BAJILLION MEGALOTTATONS OF GRAPHICAL FIDELITY OR IT'S GARBAGE!"? If so, steer clear, because this is not the game for you. It looks bad, the draw distance is short, and the textures aren't that great.

If you want pretty good survival gameplay (and one of the very few options on PS4 for such a thing) and can overlook the visuals, you'll probably like it. Take each opinion with a grain of salt, and make your own judgement. I'd suggest watching people stream it to get a good opinion.

As for can you play it solo, absolutely. The custom rulesets allow you to tweak a ton of game options to get the game the way you want it, and make it as challenging or as easy as you'd like. I finished day 7 last night and had a blast with it all day, I streamed it for over 13 hours on my usual off-day, I enjoyed it so much.

This...this is the guy.

Ill add something simpler by using comparisons.

Do you like Left 4 Dead & Minecraft? Do you like Skyrims upgrade system? cause Id say so far its 70% minecraft, 20% L4D & 10% Skyrim.
Currently consuming my time: Umbrella Corps, Sm4sh,Mother 3 & Battle Hunter(PS1)

Lucifer777
3 years ago#6
Lost_All_Senses posted...
Do you like Left 4 Dead & Minecraft? Do you like Skyrims upgrade system? cause Id say so far its 70% minecraft, 20% L4D & 10% Skyrim.

That's actually a very good way of breaking it down, if you like Skyrim's sneak system, it has that too, haha.
"wait what? no disabled pansexual demiqueer genderfluid non-binary character who identifies as helicopterkin? im so triggered!!" TinTin700

User Info: deidara21

deidara21
3 years ago#7
How many people can you play with?
No, wait, you don't understand. I'm not a lesbian. I hate men, but I'm not a lesbian!-Elaine

Lucifer777
3 years ago#8
deidara21 posted...

2 people split-screen, up to 4 online. Game data stays with the host, characters do not transfer between games.

User Info: Lost_All_Senses

Lost_All_Senses
3 years ago#9
Lucifer777 posted...
deidara21 posted...

2 people split-screen, up to 4 online. Game data stays with the host, characters do not transfer between games.

Im gonna be playing Splitscreen with my niece soon since shes coming to stay with me for awhile. So are you saying that everytime she joins she'll start empty handed? If so I assume that can be remedied by storing everything in a chest before quitting yes?
Currently consuming my time: Umbrella Corps, Sm4sh,Mother 3 & Battle Hunter(PS1)

Lucifer777
3 years ago#10
Lost_All_Senses posted...
Lucifer777 posted...
deidara21 posted...

Im gonna be playing Splitscreen with my niece soon since shes coming to stay with me for awhile. So are you saying that everytime she joins she'll start empty handed? If so I assume that can be remedied by storing everything in a chest before quitting yes?

Now that I'm not sure, as I haven't played split-screen, but to the best of my knowledge, since information would be stored on your console, it should retain her information as long as she is on the same profile with the same character. I'd test it out first with minimal items, or store them in a chest as you stated.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So...how is 7 Days to Die?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A