So Capcom saw the reaction to PT and decided to blatantly copy it with

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So Capcom saw the reaction to PT and decided to blatantly copy it with

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 years ago#41
Elixer posted...
that's actually smart..
btw pt is overated as f.

the game was ok at best

It wasn't a game, it was a teaser demo.
Glad I didn't buy a Wii U, it only had 2 full years of support.

User Info: RevScourge

RevScourge
2 years ago#42
P.T vibe ! WTF ? Not even CLOSE. Ya,there both first person and they are both "teasers" but the atmosphere and general feel are completely different.
How much $$ do you get for being a fanboy of a particular system,while hoping the others fail? Ya..I thought so...your a C**T !

User Info: link0316

link0316
2 years ago#43
So whats wrong with that? At least someone picked up the ball and was willing to run with it.
The Final Fantasy XIII series are good games, but weak Final Fantasies.

User Info: CervantesLewis

CervantesLewis
2 years ago#44
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
Resident Evil 7 was already in development before P.T.:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-7-boss-wasnt-happy-with-silent-hills/1100-6441003/

Also remember that Capcom already had a different demo last year, simply called "The Kitchen", which essentially revolved around the scene where Clancy is tied up and Pete waked up to try to release him.

Was gonna post that article too, thanks. This part in particular...

"We were actually creating Resident Evil 7 before PT was announced, so when they announced it, it was kind of like, 'Oh, they're doing first-person too?'" said Kawata. "However, now that we've come this far, we can see that the content of this game is completely different from what the content or the direction that [PT] was moving in."
PSN: OneSmartBlackBoy

User Info: MaliciousMongo

MaliciousMongo
2 years ago#45
UltraPlanet posted...
RaccoonCity posted...
Co-op shooters are big = RE5.

Cinematic action pieces are big = RE6.

First person horror is big = RE7.

I'm glad we're getting this RE7. I was afraid it was going to be an exaggerated sequel to RE6 in the same way that RE6 was an exaggerated sequel to RE5.

So Capcom is just chasing the newest trend for a easy buck? I guess RE8 will be a RPG with loot collecting and crafting system because seems to be the next trend.

That actually sounds awesome to me, especially if they used some sort of real-time combat system.

RE8 with RPG-like loot, survival, and crafting elements? Day 1 buy.

In a way, you can argue that RE4-5 had some lite RPG elements with "leveling up" your guns' rate of fire, damage, and reload speed.
Think of the allergies b4 you applaud. Next time, just sit there & stare blankly at a person to express your support of something. -Madigari on PS4 @ E3 '13

User Info: F-BikeX

F-BikeX
2 years ago#46
Turbokk posted...
their own playable teaser to RE7.

resident evil 7 was in developement before pt was shown - get your facts straight !
i am metacritic man 9.9
highest rated game on metascore - zelda ocarina of time - japanese gaming the best

User Info: Cyanea

Cyanea
2 years ago#47
It just means that Kojima is a genius because he creates trends.
I will protect the dream!

User Info: jenrais

jenrais
2 years ago#48
It just means that Capcom saw a chance to make money

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
2 years ago#49
F-BikeX posted...
Turbokk posted...

resident evil 7 was in developement before pt was shown - get your facts straight !

So?
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
2 years ago#50
Foxx3k posted...
F-BikeX posted...
Turbokk posted...

So?

So how could they copy if RE7 was already more then halfway complete by the time P.T. came out?

Resident Evil 7 had been in development for almost 3 years, was always being made in this style and was always first person.
This is war, Survival is your responsibility.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So Capcom saw the reaction to PT and decided to blatantly copy it with

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived